Panther chameleon calcium

Hey guys I have a panther chameleon I’ve had him for about a year. I’ve noticed he is smaller than a lot that I see and starting to worry. He has a 100 watt powersun and a 65 watt ceramic for the night. I’ve been using calcium with D3 every day since I got him as a juvenile. Is his growth affected is it too late to use calcium without D3? Thank you for your time ?

Hey guys I have a panther chameleon I’ve had him for about a year. I’ve noticed he is smaller than a lot that I see and starting to worry. He has a 100 watt powersun and a 65 watt ceramic for the night. I’ve been using calcium with D3 every day since I got him as a juvenile. Is his growth affected is it too late to use calcium without D3? Thank you for your time ?
This care is basically wrong. You've been overdosing him with D3 which can lead to musculoskeletal and metabolic health problems. The correct dusting schedule (even when a juvenile BTW) is to dust with plain calcium (no D3) daily. Dust with calcium WITH D3 and also a herp multivitamin once every two weeks. I don't know if the effects are totally reversible at this age but correcting the dusting schedule will at least keep him alive.

When requesting help for health problems we request that you answer the questions in the forum sticky message "how to ask for help". Here's the link:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

What are the temperatures while the lights are ON? A 100 watt Powersun might be cooking him so I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't had problems before now. How big is your cage and how far away is the light? Maybe too dry for a cham. NO LIGHTS ON AT NIGHT!

Looks like you got terrible husbandry information when you got your cham. In order to give him a better quality of life, please read the husbandry articles located under the Resources tab at the top of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom