Panther Cham Egg

CJ's Exotics

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have a Panther Chameleon egg that I got from my breeder, and I want to know basic maintenance and care for it (humidity, temp, etc.) Any advice is useful! :)

Moisten vermiculite and then wring it out so that when you squeeze it out you only get maybe a drop of water out. I keep mine in a hova bator set at 72.5 - 73 F. I keep a container of water in the incubator too to keep up humidity. There are three very small holes in the lid of the egg container and the eggs are also half buried in the vermiculite. You may want to weigh the egg container when you begin incubation so you can monitor water evaporation and add as necessary. That's about it. Good luck!

Fill a small container half full of the moistened vermiculite. You need "head space" so that when the egg hatches the chameleon can sit on top of the vermiculite until you "rescue" it once it hatches. Put the lid on the container. If your room is warm enough then you don't need an incubator just put the container in a dark place in that room. Check it periodically to see if it's OK. Don't leave the lid off for long when you check it. You will likely see beads of moisture on the inside of the container.

Fill a small container half full of the moistened vermiculite. You need "head space" so that when the egg hatches the chameleon can sit on top of the vermiculite until you "rescue" it once it hatches. Put the lid on the container. If your room is warm enough then you don't need an incubator just put the container in a dark place in that room. Check it periodically to see if it's OK. Don't leave the lid off for long when you check it. You will likely see beads of moisture on the inside of the container.
Moisten vermiculite and then wring it out so that when you squeeze it out you only get maybe a drop of water out. I keep mine in a hova bator set at 72.5 - 73 F. I keep a container of water in the incubator too to keep up humidity. There are three very small holes in the lid of the egg container and the eggs are also half buried in the vermiculite. You may want to weigh the egg container when you begin incubation so you can monitor water evaporation and add as necessary. That's about it. Good luck!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom