panther breeding question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiReBaNaNa

i was wondering, will i get the pleasure of caring for a bunch of baby chameleons or do people readily buy?

i was just adding up expenses, thats all, needed to about my little ones on the way? now housing: how many cages per clutch do i need?

I recommend getting people to make a down payment BEFORE the eggs are hatched that way you have most of them sold off when they're hatched out.
Alot of pet stores would like a chameleon, but make sure they know how to care for it first

i was just adding up expenses, thats all, needed to about my little ones on the way? now housing: how many cages per clutch do i need?

u can use big platic bins until 3-4 months....and seperate them by size so the bigge ones wont bully the smaller ones....once older get cages, and how many dpends on the size of the clutch:cool:

I recommend getting people to make a down payment BEFORE the eggs are hatched that way you have most of them sold off when they're hatched out.
Alot of pet stores would like a chameleon, but make sure they know how to care for it first

i agree...do that if u can...

Oh and you can house babies in the same cage...you can just use a container aswell, make sure to keep the lid either off or make a small square and screen it with metal screening but when they get older your going to need to separate them

People will buy, but there's no guarantee that you'll make any sort of profit. When Jann raised her 30 babies she invested a few thousand dolars into it, so you'll probably spend a lot of money feeding them and get very little profit back! :D Especially since you're not a big, well-known breeder that has the reputation to charge $250-300 for a young baby.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but it's something you definitely have to be aware of.

Why would you do that? What if the eggs don't hatch? Then what? It's best to just sell when they hatch. If you can find enough single buyers then just wholesale them.

well they are two unrelated nosy falys they both look great and the male has amazing red splashes all over very nice breeder pair of falys so im going to get a waiting list if any one would like to buy some

well they are two unrelated nosy falys they both look great and the male has amazing red splashes all over very nice breeder pair of falys so im going to get a waiting list if any one would like to buy some

What happened to your Parsons?...

I just don't think it's worth it to take deposits as eggs. You put a deposit on an already hatched baby. I don't think many would put a deposit on an egg. Besides, you can't use the money until after the person has paid in full because there is no guarantee that the babies will even live. Again, I just don't think it's worth it.

Theres a ratio of eggs incubated to eggs hatched sometimes you can predict, but you're right you really don't know...i'm in limbo but it seems more sensible to put a down payment on an egg, you can say okay i have 30 panther eggs...ill let people put a down payment on say...10 of them because your sure atleast 10 will hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom