Panther breeders - suggestions??

Arpretty

Avid Member
I’m beginning to get my new setup configured and I’m ready to start looking for a breeder to buy from.

Any suggestions for panther breeders, or other resources to point me towards? I’m located in Delaware. Ideally I would love to work with Kammerflage but I’m not sure if cross-coastal shipping is an issue or not. My main concern is simply a reputable captive breeder who I can expect a healthy animal from! Thank you in advance.

I’m beginning to get my new setup configured and I’m ready to start looking for a breeder to buy from.

Any suggestions for panther breeders, or other resources to point me towards? I’m located in Delaware. Ideally I would love to work with Kammerflage but I’m not sure if cross-coastal shipping is an issue or not. My main concern is simply a reputable captive breeder who I can expect a healthy animal from! Thank you in advance.
I really like this forum member... @Randers88 I have been impressed with his set ups and the attention to detail he put into everything. He has some beautiful babies right now. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/three-month-old-ybbb-ambilobes.180511/

I got Fred from chromatic chameleons and he arrived with beautiful colors, and in excellent health. They provide overnight shipping and they won't hesitate to pickup calls with concerns about anything you might need help with no matter how long ago you purchased from them. https://www.chromaticchameleons.com/ From what I gather they are passionate about finding good homes for all their clutches and the overall well being of each baby from the first moment they hatch.

I got Fred from chromatic chameleons and he arrived with beautiful colors, and in excellent health. They provide overnight shipping and they won't hesitate to pickup calls with concerns about anything you might need help with no matter how long ago you purchased from them. https://www.chromaticchameleons.com/ From what I gather they are passionate about finding good homes for all their clutches and the overall well being of each baby from the first moment they hatch.

thank you so much for your feedback!! These are all helpful things to know

Cross ountry shippi g should not be a problem with heat pads if shipped during the winter, will ship directly to your fedex faciltiy who will hold for you, i get my kammer’s by 10am so they really have only been travelling 18 hours or so.

Some members here are good breeders with good quality and good morals.
THIS^^^^^ Always check out the person... Always ask if they run fecals regularly or test their babies prior to shipment. And never buy from someone that contacts you privately without asking others about them. There are some people that do not fit at all what @Thatwizard420 said above.

Cross ountry shippi g should not be a problem with heat pads if shipped during the winter, will ship directly to your fedex faciltiy who will hold for you, i get my kammer’s by 10am so they really have only been travelling 18 hours or so.
Yes, but with COVID-19, shipping delays are almost guaranteed! I just recently ordered fish with 2 day shipping, it took over a week with no delays reported

You did not vet those breeders... Why recommend them if you did not vet them or have a personal experience with them?
I did vet some of them—not all, and I stated so, and why. I believe folks should vet breeders for themselves according to their own criteria—not someone else's. What's acceptable to one may not be to another. We can recommend breeders based on personal experience, but that doesn't mean a prospective buyer shouldn't go further. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

You pretty much said so yourself.
THIS^^^^^ Always check out the person...

I did vet some of them—not all, and I stated so, and why. I believe folks should vet breeders for themselves according to their own criteria—not someone else's. What's acceptable to one may not be to another. We can recommend breeders based on personal experience, but that doesn't mean a prospective buyer shouldn't go further. CAVEAT EMPTOR.
Where did you get yours from?

Thank you everyone for the feedback, truly! @ERKleRose the potential shipping delay is exactly what I would be nervous about.

I am about 98% sure I will be putting a deposit down with Chromatic this evening for a baby from the Kromatisk x Shirley clutch. I feel really comfortable from what I’ve seen after researching them through different venues... also, out of every breeder and/or reptile supply company I’ve contact within the past month - they are the only ones who have responded! So knowing they are willing and available to communicate is a major major plus for me :)

Back
Top Bottom