Panacure

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
I know dosage depends on weight but is there a dosage chart available to view? Thought it would be good for reference material.

Last edited:
I still use the old tried and true ratio: 10% panacur paste, @ .1ml per 50g. animal weight. Panacur is fairly benign for the host animal. I've never had any side effects using it, unless the host animal was already too sick or infested to save. I have to mention it is not effective for lung worms, I don't know what is.

Well if it helps ... my vet decided to treat my whole clan while we wait for fecals. Charlie had pinworms, as did the new girls (who were in quarantine so no surprise there). That’s half my clan so he wanted to play it safe and dose them all.

This is PREMIXED by my vet... so I did not have to mix any compounds for Panacur.

Chams weighing 188-198 were given .1cc
Cham weighing 106g was given .08cc
Juves weighing 44 & 49g were given .05cc

Last edited:
Well if it helps ... my vet decided to treat my whole clan while we wait for fecals. Charlie had pinworms, as did the new girls (who were in quarantine so no surprise there). That’s half my clan so he wanted to play it safe and dose them all.

This is PREMIXED by my vet... so I did not have to mix any compounds for Panacur.

Chams weighing 188-198 were given .1cc
Cham weighing 106g was given .08cc
Juves weighing 44 & 49g were given .05cc
Unless the percentage of fenbendazole (active ingredient in panacur) is known, ml/g. is not very helpful. Assuming the vet gave you the same percentage for all your chams, the 2 weighing almost 200g., dosage is .1ml., whereas the smaller 2 weighing 1/4 as much are receiving .05 ml. twice the dosage by weight. Like I said: panacur is fairly benign to the host animal.

Unless the percentage of fenbendazole (active ingredient in panacur) is known, ml/g. is not very helpful. Assuming the vet gave you the same percentage for all your chams, the 2 weighing almost 200g., dosage is .1ml., whereas the smaller 2 weighing 1/4 as much are receiving .05 ml. twice the dosage by weight. Like I said: panacur is fairly benign to the host animal.

Ill delete my comment then as I dont to mislead.

Ill delete my comment then as I dont to mislead.
Don't delete it, as it is instructive. People need to learn these things.
My main point is panacur is safe to use as a dewormer. Your vet wouldn't prescribe panacur for your entire collection prophylactically if there were negative side effects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom