palmetto bugs

They are roaches, and I would be weary on feeding them especially since you have no clue what they've been eating...

They are roaches, and I would be weary on feeding them especially since you have no clue what they've been eating...

Haha i was just thinking the same thing. But maybe if you catch em and breed them and gutload it would be safe.

Yea, um, I wouldn't do that one. Wild Roaches commonly run through pesticides and insecticides, and gutloading won't get rid of all the residue. Not a good idea to feed an insect that feasts on filth and walks through unknown poisons and substances.

Although finding them way out in the middle of nowhere might be safe, but again, you have no idea what this thing has put into its body.

I meant to have a question mark on the end of my comment. haha i only have reasoning under my belt. no expertise haha. Thanks for the info Dave

well living in Florida and living amongst the creepy Palmettos(they fly eek) I can tell you they eat garbage and whatever the can scrounge. I would not feed them no way unless they were caught far away from civilization.

Freaking gross! No way jose...those things are about 2" long to begin with. Hate em, last thing I want is those to look at with my Jaxson.

I'll take them off your hands if you want to send some my way :)

edit: Wait, only if these are E. floridana. I don't want some other strange, unknown roach.

Back
Top Bottom