Feeding - gutloaded (lettuce) dusted crickets 5-6/day meal worms once
Supplements - Exoterra calcium every other day
Watering - dripping and twice daily misting. We rarely see her drink
Fecal Description - Formed white and brown moist. Not sure of testing
History - We purchased her from a local pet store

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen 20x20x36
Lighting - unknown brand, dual bulb UVB and daylight(?) 8am-8pm
Temperature - Basking spot is 85-90. We have not measured inside habitat because at this time we only have an old food thermometer
Humidity - have not measured humidity, we have a live plant which we mist
Plants - Umbrella plant
Placement - in a corner of my bedroom about 5 ft from top of cage to floor
Location - Northwest Indiana

Current Problem - here is a pic of our Cham from yesterday and from today. She had been very green but today much more yellow and pale. She only ate 1 cricket this morning (you can see one right behind her head in today's pic). She had a rough day yesterday as we took out the substrate after we learned we weren't supposed to have any. Then her lamp fell over onto the top of her cage. She also had lots of visitors and more handling during the substrate change. We are hoping this color change is due to that. Should we be concerned about more serious problems?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 193
Pic from today

Couldn't attach both pics on previous post??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 154
Anybody have any ideas? She is still this crazy yellow-green color. We've misted her about 3 times today in case it's dehydration. She did drink some the first time but that's all. Still won't eat.

Chameleons can be slow to adjusting to a new environment, veileds can be more finicky than other species.

First off will you post pictures of your enclosure, you bulb and the back of your chameleons feet. It looks like a male and it doesn't look a year old.

Please read the veiled chameleon care sheet you will find every thing you need there(Follow it very closely) you will also need to purchase different feeders like horned worms, silk worms, roaches, which you will need to gut load properly. You can find all of this information in great detail on this website. It's certainly the most reliable you will find. There are an array of very experienced people with PHD's and people who have kept chameleons for 20 years or so.

Can you check your exoterra calcium please. There is calcium with d3 and one without. Ideally he needs his feeders lightly dusted with calcium without d3 daily. Calcium with d3 twice a month. Multivitamin twice a month. Welcome to the forum.:)

What does "including stroking" mean?

If this means "petting" your chameleon, I wouldn't do so. Being handled daily is definitely a stressor on him/her. I would leave the chameleon alone for as long as you can until they are comfortable with the new environment. This may take awhile.

Pics of the enclosure and the name of the bulb you are using specifically would be helpful. Most of use separate uvb and uva (basking) bulbs.

Thanks for all of the replies!

Szpond: stroking as in lightly stroking her with a finger for seconds at the time of misting...for example

Kate: it is calcium without d3. Should we use both? With and without? No other supplements as we have only had her less than a week.

Oliviabryant: thank you for the link to the blog I will read that. I have read the care sheets on this site and many of the discussions before and since we got her. And have followed them as best I know (this site is why we removed the substrate for example and got the UVB as well). Her coloring today has been completely different than any other time throughout the week we've had her as well as her eating habits. Even her behavior is different ( right now she is hanging from the top of her enclosure). This all started when we woke up this morning. I hope she is just adjusting.

I am attaching the pics of the enclosure and light fixture. The bulb is just a zoomed 60 watt bulb and a 5.0 UVB bulb. I am also attaching a pic of her left back foot/leg. I don't really want handle her to get a pic of her back feet unless its absolutely necessary.

Thank you all again for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 152
It's is the lamp. NOTE: as mentioned in my original post the lamp fell over and broke yesterday. Today we propped it up on the cups to regulate the temp until we can replace the stand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 82
Yes you need three different supplements. Calcium without d3 every feed, calcium with d3 twice a month and a multivitamin twice a month.:)

Thanks for all of the replies!

Szpond: stroking as in lightly stroking her with a finger for seconds at the time of misting...for example

Kate: it is calcium without d3. Should we use both? With and without? No other supplements as we have only had her less than a week.

Oliviabryant: thank you for the link to the blog I will read that. I have read the care sheets on this site and many of the discussions before and since we got her. And have followed them as best I know (this site is why we removed the substrate for example and got the UVB as well). Her coloring today has been completely different than any other time throughout the week we've had her as well as her eating habits. Even her behavior is different ( right now she is hanging from the top of her enclosure). This all started when we woke up this morning. I hope she is just adjusting.

I am attaching the pics of the enclosure and light fixture. The bulb is just a zoomed 60 watt bulb and a 5.0 UVB bulb. I am also attaching a pic of her left back foot/leg. I don't really want handle her to get a pic of her back feet unless its absolutely necessary.

Thank you all again for your help.

Yes it is necessary so we can tell the sex of your chameleon- can you post a better view

Here is a good pic of her feet. I don't see any spurs ?? Her color is better today but still won't eat. I'm posting a pic of her skin. Do you think she's dehydrated? Yesterday we misted her x 10 min three times and once for 10 min today. She puts her face up into the drops on the top of her cage but never opens her mouth.

Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 139
Back
Top Bottom