Painting screen

bradley

my reptibreeze is rusting and i wondered if I could paint something on the rusted areas. My dad has some metal paint and I was wondering if i left it a months after i painted it on before i put the chams in would it be ok? Is there any other thing I could put on it. I was thinking what you would spray a car with

I would use something like you would you use to spray paint a bar b q pit. Like a rustoleum product. And I wouldnt put the cham in there for a loooong time after I painted it. I hope that works for you. If it does post your pics of the fix. I have one myself, and its just starting to rust. So I may do this myself one day. Mine is used as an outdoor temp/sunning cage so I dont care how it looks. Just dont want the screen to rust away and form holes.

thats the thing im going to be misting alot more cos im getting an automatic mister so the screen eeds to last. Will see what I can get Thanks!

If you are not able to fix your cage i'd suggest getting a cage from LLL Reptiles or DIY Cages. LLL cages are made here in the US and don't rust... NOt sure about the DIY but I think they are also made in the US and don't rust. Good luck!:)

If you are not able to fix your cage i'd suggest getting a cage from LLL Reptiles or DIY Cages. LLL cages are made here in the US and don't rust... NOt sure about the DIY but I think they are also made in the US and don't rust. Good luck!:)

This is true! I had my LLL cage outside where it rained for almost 2 weeks straight (Yes I'm in SoCal and no I'm not lying about rain) and it was no worse for wear. I've since brought it inside and it gets misted massive amounts a day (since I have a montane species now) and I see nothing wrong with it.

te thing is though I dont want to order oversees there is another company here in england that i could try but they are very expensive

Original Poster: hey man if your handy at all. You can buy everything you need to make your own screen cages online. I'd google some online screen companies. All you need are the frames and a cpl of hand tools. Its actually easy after you do one or two. Hardest part is hanging the door and attching clasps for closing the cage. And even then all you need is a rivet gun. I saw a site where you could buy a whole kit for window screens for your home and it inc. all the tools and the frames. Sorry I cant remember what it was called now. But there are several out there and Im sure you could find one in the UK.

Well I hope it works out for you. I personally would just get a new one that doesn't rust but I understand the financial part. Would suck if I had to buy a new cage.

Ive been told the new reptibreeze ones don't rust but I bought my frst one in dec 09 and my last one in may 2010 and they both rust!

Back
Top Bottom