paint fumes...

lisagr07

Avid Member
we're going to have a LOT of painting done inside in the next week or two.

i'm concerned about the paint fumes and Stanley, my veiled chameleon. will the fumes be an issue with him? i can move him from room to room as this is done but there will be no escaping the fumes completely.... it's 34 degrees here so opening a window isn't an option...

are there any "animal friendly" paint brands?

surely someone has had this issue before.....

thanks,, lisa

moving him farthest away from where the painting is being done would help, but i would set up a fan in the room he is in so there is air movement!

When we painted I kept my chameleons out of the area being painted and bought non-toxic paint. I would just keep Stanley as far away from the paint as possible. You can't plant him at a friend's house or maybe a relative for a few days can you? You know me, I over worry everything.:eek:

When we painted I kept my chameleons out of the area being painted and bought non-toxic paint. I would just keep Stanley as far away from the paint as possible. You can't plant him at a friend's house or maybe a relative for a few days can you? You know me, I over worry everything.:eek:

I would recommend him staying at a friends for a few days.

he could stay with my sister for a few days. she took care of him when we went out of town.

would he be OK in his screen "baby" cage for a few days, it's 16x16x30...if i put enough plants and they set him up high...
otherwise i'll have to disassemble his wooden adult cage, 24x30x48, not an easy task, and move it....

The new low VOC paints really do not have alot of smell or fumes to them. I would just move the cham to another room and let the room air out before moving him back. I just painted my cham room and did not have any issues with anyone in the other room.

Back
Top Bottom