Pac-Man frog health.

Carloscruz

Avid Member
So my Pac-Man frog has not been acting normal lately he’s been flipping us off over sometimes in his water bowl not eating so I took him to the vet and turns out he has a neurological issue and they gave me some antibiotics to give to him every single morning does anyone have any tips for him to eat.

You can check the temerature and make sure its warm enough. Maybe check humidity also.The most common reasons your Pacman frog isn't eating is when their temperature or humidity is too low or too high, they have the wrong substrate or have recently moved to a new home and still need to get comfortable and accustomed to their surroundings. Also maybe try changing up his food. Don't worry though because the can go several weeks without food.

I went to www.frogforum.net and the issue might be stress. Go there are see what else you can find. (y)

Also-- all water needs to be dechlorinated (no tap water). Pet shops sell water declinators that are added to tap water.

I are got declinators the vet gave me antibiotics for him because he there’s something wrong with his brain but the only way to find out exactly what is Wrong in to get a cat scan but that is like 2000 and a 6 hour car ride I was wondering if you had tips to get him to eat

1st - When was the last time he/she ate?
2nd- can you send a picture with something next to it for size comparison (like quarter)?
I know how to force feed but if not necessary it alone can hurt your Pac..

Can you take a picture (semi-close up). Frogs and toads can go weeks and months without eating so just want to make sure it is food he needs. Did he poop what he ate?
this video might help. or search other ways. (y)

No we think we’re gonna have to put him down he won’t move and can’t hop when he does hop he flips over on he’s back and he will no eat anything.

If you still have him- Place in water bowl and let him hydrate, then remove from water and put him underground/substrate and maybe he will hibernate (y) for you. Then in a month or two put him back in water and help him wake up. His skin will harden like a cocoon which is normal as long as he does not dry out..

What you have experienced is one of the issues with pacman young ones.. Just is-- They do make fun pets to watch.

Thanks for update.. (y)

Back
Top Bottom