Overweight cham

Hi, my Cham has started to get lazy since the colder weather set in and has become overweight.
His casque and cheeks are bulging out now more then they were in the summer and he was coming out most days for excercise but now it gets dark at 4.30, he settles for bed and I get home at 4, so he is not really interested in coming out.
I'm now feeding him every other day but only give him 2 prey items each feeding where he was having 6 every other day when he became one in January.
Is this ok tomonly feed him this much and how can I get him to excercise more, I'm worried about his health and he only poops about once a week.
Thanks guys

Yemen/veiled Cham age 2 in jan, male
Fed on mainly locusts, sometimes Silkworm's, butterworms now and then, morio worms occasionally, roaches.

Drinks once or twice a day from hand mister

Supplements used plain cal 2/3 times a week, and Arcadia earthpro 1/2 a week alternate no d3 as has Arcadia t5 uv lights
Basking area 85-90 lights 12 hours on and 12 hours off
Poop ok and white urates with some orange on tip

post a photo of his casque and cheeks. Swelling in those areas could be indicating an underlying issue besides overfeeding.

These pics are a couple of months ago, I'll take some new ones tom when he's awake

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1053.JPG
    IMG_1053.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 96
I highly recommend taking him to a good reptile vet. That is definitely not from over feeding. Respiratory infections have been know to cause air to enter the casque and inflate it like this along with other health issues causing fluid to build up.

Back
Top Bottom