Over sleeping

So feeders at this age would be more like a dozen a day.
So fogging should only be done at night when all lights are off and temps are cold. I was speaking to increasing your misting times.
Oh ok so fluid from horn worms not a parasite. Got ya.
Foam vines are safe but the jungle black vines like you have in the one pic are not.
Since you have the solarmeter just make sure you are getting a 3 UVI at the basking branches.

:) It is always good to double check especially when you feel something may be off. These guys hide issues so the subtle changes are what we really have to pay attention to.
I think I must have said something inaccurate or confusing along the way about feeders. Someone else commented on 30 feeders being too many so I must have said something misleading. He is getting 10-15 small crickets But he doesn’t eat them all. If he doesn’t eat many I give some worms at 2:30 (but no longer in the afternoon). So really he is only eating 5 small crickets at most. Then 3-4 silks OR 10 BSFL if he only ate 5 small crickets. Doesn’t that equate to about 12 medium crickets?
About that nasty black vine…it is actually his weighing perch and he’s never on it long enough to rub his eyes. It’s in a jar of sand which is on the scale. I can switch that out. I threw all the others out long ago. Weighed in at 106 gr just a few days ago.

I think I must have said something inaccurate or confusing along the way about feeders. Someone else commented on 30 feeders being too many so I must have said something misleading. He is getting 10-15 small crickets But he doesn’t eat them all. If he doesn’t eat many I give some worms at 2:30 (but no longer in the afternoon). So really he is only eating 5 small crickets at most. Then 3-4 silks OR 10 BSFL if he only ate 5 small crickets. Doesn’t that equate to about 12 medium crickets?
About that nasty black vine…it is actually his weighing perch and he’s never on it long enough to rub his eyes. It’s in a jar of sand which is on the scale. I can switch that out. I threw all the others out long ago. Weighed in at 106 gr just a few days ago.
I didn't think 30 feeders so no worries. I think going up to medium sized crickets may help. Give an assortment in the morning say 5 med crickets, 3 silks, and 4 bsfl. Something along those lines.

The vine is fine if it is a quick perch for weight. His weight is good for his age too.

Back
Top Bottom