Over active shooter

emersonc

So ive been wondering about my chameleon lately, she has been shooting her tongue at absolutly nothing...a lot. She is blind in one eye, this would lead me to think that she has no depth perception but are chameleons really that dumb that if she sees a tack on the wall fifteen feet away from her she will still try to catch it thinking it is a insect? Can she not reason at all? or does it take some training?
OR she she smart and trying to tell me that she is hungry?

Nosy be Panther
Female
Blind in right eye
About 3 years old
No crage, wonders free on three plants and a spider web made out of hemp.
Eats mainly crickets duted everyother feeding witha mix of vitimins and Ca w/o P
Standard temp and humidity

Well the tounge shooting out is indeed a sign that food is of interest. The blind in one eye does eliminate her ability to see depth.

How does she do with food in front of her?

Are you cup feeding her or loose live feeding?

Chameleons that are blind in one eye usually learn to be about 80% accurate at hitting the prey. Could your chameleon also be partially blind in the other eye?

i know if the female that laid the eggs did not get enought vitamin A the babes will come out blind, but if she gets to much she will form a lump in her throat. at alternative to vitamin A is beta caratine(sp) which her body can pass if she gets to much. vitamin A cant be passed.

i know if the female that laid the eggs did not get enought vitamin A the babes will come out blind, but if she gets to much she will form a lump in her throat. at alternative to vitamin A is beta caratine(sp) which her body can pass if she gets to much. vitamin A cant be passed.

Note: Beta Carotene is a natural way for your cham to produce its own Vitamin A. This ensures that you cannont over due it.

The only company that I know of that uses this instead of Vitamin A Base is Rep-Cal and they use it in their Multi-Vitamin Powder.

Back
Top Bottom