Outside temp.

Char333p

Avid Member
So i live in NY its still in 40s n 50s right now. I want to start bringing my cham outside for some real sunshine. I know they sensitive to the cold so what temp do you recommend waiting till it hits outside to let him bask? Mid 60s?

So i live in NY its still in 40s n 50s right now. I want to start bringing my cham outside for some real sunshine. I know they sensitive to the cold so what temp do you recommend waiting till it hits outside to let him bask? Mid 60s?
I have been getting low 60's here. On a day like that with direct sun and little wind my thermometer will get up as high as 100 degrees. Test it for yourself once you hit 60's if it is cool to you then it may be too cool for him. But use one of the thermometers because that will be your real indication on temp in sun. It gets hot fast. Beman is good for about the first 20-30 minutes and then will start gapping. Since he won't bask in the outside cage and prefers to be on me it makes misting him hard lol.

I waited until it was at least 65 and sunny or partly cloudy. We have a dry heat here in my part of Colorado so I didn't have him out longer than 30min. He was very skiddish because of all the birds so he was actually very keen on staying on me lol. My take is alot like Bemans if you're too hot in direct sunshine in warm weather clothing then more than likely so would your cham. Shade is key on hotter days!

Back
Top Bottom