Outside question.

Grasshopper

So I was wanting to take grasshopper out side tomorrow supposed to be sunny and 76°. Is that still to cool for her? And how long should she hang out side for?

What species is Grasshopper? 76 degrees is great for most species of chameleons, especially Vieleds and Panthers. just make sure she has access to shade and give her plenty of misting! I would leave her out there as long as you can in a secured enclosure - natural sunlight is one of the best things you can do for your chameleon!

yea maye even get one of those clip on macro lenses lol, but 76 is perfect, my rule of thumb is never above 80 and never below 60 since they can handle temps of 85 to 50. if its cooler though watch out for wind chill!

Where our little yard is it is blocked by a building on 2 sides and then a 6 foot privacy fence on the other two. We get direct sun and very little wind. So I am able to take Beman out with full sun on days that it is only 60 degrees because once in full sun the heat index sky rockets up to 100 very quickly. I think having a temp monitor is helpful and I have one attached to the side of his out door cage. As others have said if you are stuck with full sun and no shade be sure to mist frequently because it gets really hot fast.

I will for sure watch for the birds, she will be in an enclosure I was thinking putting her half sun half shade we have a few banana trees that help with the shade. Thanks for all the advice guys, and I will post pictures later.

Back
Top Bottom