Outside light on at night?

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
So there's a house on a hill right above our backyard. No one currently lives there(it's for sale), but they keep the outdoor flood light on 24/7 and it shines down into our backyard. My cham has been living outside full time and his cage is in the area. It's not so bright that our yard is brightly lit up, but enough to keep it dim where I can see my way around. The cage is pretty dark, in some spots you can make out his bright silhouette if he's sleeping in the open. You can see the bulb on the house shining down, but it doesn't bother me personally. I just wonder if this would affect the cham at all, if he's sleeping just fine should i let it be? I aim for total darkness, and it's still dark, just not pitch black. Thoughts?

So there's a house on a hill right above our backyard. No one currently lives there(it's for sale), but they keep the outdoor flood light on 24/7 and it shines down into our backyard. My cham has been living outside full time and his cage is in the area. It's not so bright that our yard is brightly lit up, but enough to keep it dim where I can see my way around. The cage is pretty dark, in some spots you can make out his bright silhouette if he's sleeping in the open. You can see the bulb on the house shining down, but it doesn't bother me personally. I just wonder if this would affect the cham at all, if he's sleeping just fine should i let it be? I aim for total darkness, and it's still dark, just not pitch black. Thoughts?

Say you were golfing in your backyard and you hit that golf ball all wrong and then that light was broken . Than the back yard would be completely dark .

My boys lights go off at 7. The sun goes down closer to 8:30-9pm. Sometimes I'm not home to cover him up at 7 exactly. He still seems to find a dark place to sleep around 7pm regardless of whether he is tucked in or not. I dont think anything bad has happened yet????

My boys lights go off at 7. The sun goes down closer to 8:30-9pm. Sometimes I'm not home to cover him up at 7 exactly. He still seems to find a dark place to sleep around 7pm regardless of whether he is tucked in or not. I dont think anything bad has happened yet????

In your situation I'd actually just let him have the sun until it goes down. Not that it probably makes a huge difference, but I like the natural sunset/sunrise even if it means shorter/longer than 12 hr days depending on the time of year. I was concerned because this light stays on all night.

:ROFLMAO:Wow. Don't mess with these forum members. Sounds like everyone is ordering a hit on a light bulb.

I'm sure your chameleon will be fine. Think of it as a full moon.
If you think it may be a problem you can already put a towel on the cage to block the light.
The hit has already been ordered. I told Jon Wick the light bulb killed his puppy. It's too late for the light bulb

Back
Top Bottom