Outsalets or panther? who has the better personality?

People say that different species have different disposition but I think it just goes with the individual chameleon. I've seen people with all different species that hiss and don't like contact, then there are people who have chams dying to be held.

Any other opinions?

Chams are individuals, so a generalization may not be reliable. I've read that Oustaleti can be very gentle, but that does not guarantee they all will be. Gentle can also mean very very shy. Most cbb panthers seem nice too, but there are individuals who are nasty! I think the best approach is to choose the species you prefer visually and be ready to appreciate the personality you happen to get. That way you won't be disappointed either way.

I have had one Ousteleti. Man they get huge!
I would say the Panther's I've had have been consistently chill and easy to handle. The one Ousteleti I've had was less chill and a little more intimidating (especially with their size!) but results will vary.
As others have said, it's primarily their individual personality to be chill matched with their keeper's daily handling that get's a Cham to accept you as just "another tree"...

I have had one Ousteleti. Man they get huge!
I would say the Panther's I've had have been consistently chill and easy to handle. The one Ousteleti I've had was less chill and a little more intimidating (especially with their size!) but results will vary.
As others have said, it's primarily their individual personality to be chill matched with their keeper's daily handling that get's a Cham to accept you as just "another tree"...

Then there are some wc melleri who are surly and threatening (also HUGE) but others are almost friendly and overly social. The nice ones are wonderful! Though, a reactive touchy cham also tends to be more of a constantly flowing mood ring...and one of the things we love about chams is their change.

Back
Top Bottom