Outdoors and other animals.

JBHerps

Well as some of you may know I am going to be getting a male Nosy Be at the Daytona reptile show this year. Also, some of you may know he will be housed in a 175 gallon reptarium outdoors in south florida.

He(probably going to name him something having to do with ice or spirit so probably Arctic or Aura) will be living on my patio along with my tortoises. My concern is that i have a group of about 5 crested anoles(Anolis cristatellus I believe) and 10 brown anoles(Anolis sagrei) living outside along with the tortoises right now. Will the crested anoles stress him out by being on his cage? The tortoises won't be near his cage but he probably will be able to see them. Anyway....will the anoles be a problem for stress?

Thanks everyone!!

I don't know what an anole is, but i have 18 tortoises. I just brought home 3 w/c nosy bes from the long island show and believe it or not they are very stressed even by the sight of them and they aren't anywhere near his cage and of course they are much higher up. So i would be cautious no matter what is in their sight. In their eyes everything is a predator. Especiallly if it is w/c. Good luck.

Debby

Hey wouldn't get used to seeing them?

I doubt they will go on the screen unless they see the food but I will be cup feeding.

The one male hangs out on a chair in the sun(away from where I'm putting the cage) and then the females go to him or hang with my tortoises. lol.

And maybe the anoles will realize they are potential food and keep their distance from your cham? Maybe your cham will ignore them?

You live in an area where you can keep your chameleon outside 365 days a year; why not take advantage of that. It's the best thing for your animal.

Trace

And maybe the anoles will realize they are potential food and keep their distance from your cham? Maybe your cham will ignore them?

You live in an area where you can keep your chameleon outside 365 days a year; why not take advantage of that. It's the best thing for your animal.

Trace

Thats what i'm hoping.

:)

I do agree with Trace. There are many variables, so nothing is set, but only speculation.

I just wanted to make sure it didn't sound like I was trying to persuade you that it was a bad idea, only discussing possibilities.

i think if somehting is crawling over the cage, the cham will be scared. thats too much to get them used to. mine veiled is pretty used to my cat, but only one of them. see i didnt get her used to cats or animals in general, just the one she saw everydasy that didnt hurt her or look at her. now shes calm around her. i think you'd be able to get her used to the tortoised but you might have to figure something out for the anoles. maybe make it so they cant climb on thre cage, or not All over it

I do agree with Trace. There are many variables, so nothing is set, but only speculation.

I just wanted to make sure it didn't sound like I was trying to persuade you that it was a bad idea, only discussing possibilities.
Thats good. And don't apologize...I asked a question and you gave an answer. Don't apologize for the truth of what can happen. We are all here for the animals. Our feelings come second.

:)

i think if somehting is crawling over the cage, the cham will be scared. thats too much to get them used to. mine veiled is pretty used to my cat, but only one of them. see i didnt get her used to cats or animals in general, just the one she saw everydasy that didnt hurt her or look at her. now shes calm around her. i think you'd be able to get her used to the tortoised but you might have to figure something out for the anoles. maybe make it so they cant climb on thre cage, or not All over it

Hmm......Maybe if he strikes at them once they will get the picture? Hmm.....Thats good that he "should" be fine with the tortoises. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom