Outdoor PVC cage

I bought the first round of parts for this build. I'm trying to decide on the hinge for the door. I am leaning towards the bolt idea, but thinking about using hinges, as pictured in @janjan20 's setup above. How are these working out for you? Also, why is the PVC floor needed, why can't the plants sit on the bricks?

Also, for those who do not house your chams outside permanently, did you install a mister, or just spray occasionally? I'm leaning towards no misting setup outside and to give him some sprays every 1-2 hours.

Went with 3/4" instead of 1" as I originally planned.
IMG_20200517_144554.jpg

I used plastic hinges with stainless steel screws because I live close to the beach and metal rusts fast around here lol. So far so good, it opens and closes with no issues. As far as the bottom I could leave it but the pavement gets pretty hot during the summer so I chose white down there to reflect the light instead of absorb it. I have the same on the top for shade.

Thanks, yeah I'm around a mile from the beach as well so this may work for me too. Is that fiberglass window screen? I'm on the fence between poultry mesh and window screen. Where did the you get the white panel on the floor and ceiling?

Can those who have built cages out of PVC post some pics? I am trying to plan out how I am going to place my vines, and I'd like to see some of your designs before I begin construction.

Back
Top Bottom