Outdoor Keeping Season is Here!

DonKeesh

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am so excited to setup my planter box enclosure for the summer! I got super lucky and found a nice mandevilla that should fill out the cage instantly once planted. The clematis is going crazy this year and is growing over the top of the cage for more sun protection. More photos to come once planted.

PXL_20220503_214213075.PORTRAIT.jpg

I second the planter box. It looks great
I’ve been toying with idea of moving my empty all screen cage outside for my willsii to enjoy some this year

You’re definitely giving some inspiration

Yes in northern Kentucky anything above 55 at night and below 95 in the day is good to go for Panthers (USDA zone 6A). Usually mid may to end of September is fine.

I am so excited to setup my planter box enclosure for the summer! I got super lucky and found a nice mandevilla that should fill out the cage instantly once planted. The clematis is going crazy this year and is growing over the top of the cage for more sun protection. More photos to come once planted.

View attachment 323964
What did you use to attach the vertical branches like the one holding up the nursery pot? I'm thinking of doing the same with my indoor setup. I've used zip ties and jewelry wire for smaller branches but haven't installed the larger ones yet. Love this enclosure btw!

I took sturdy branches about 2 inch diameter and drilled a hole through the branch at one end. Then I loop a zip tie over the cage frame, through the screen, and then through the hole in the branch... Diy dragon ledges. That's how I do my indoor cage too.
PXL_20201025_173911803~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom