Outdoor Keeping Season 2023

this is so beautiful!! a couple questions, would you have to live in a certain state and have the correct temp and humidity in order to keep a chameleon outside? i’ve been somewhat interested in learning about it and was thinking i could eventually move a chameleon into an outdoor enclosure but i wouldn’t even know where to begin!
Depends on the species you are keeping. I have a nosy be panther and he does great outdoors from early May to late September. I live in the Midwest and as long as temps are between 55 and 95 he is good to go. If there are any really cold nights or really hot days I bring him back to the indoor cage. The Chameleon Academy planter box cage design makes this all possible. Shade and heavily planting with lots of misting required.

Depends on the species you are keeping. I have a nosy be panther and he does great outdoors from early May to late September. I live in the Midwest and as long as temps are between 55 and 95 he is good to go. If there are any really cold nights or really hot days I bring him back to the indoor cage. The Chameleon Academy planter box cage design makes this all possible. Shade and heavily planting with lots of misting required.
ahhh okay thank you so much for the reply! i’ve seen that planter box on bills channel, im not sure if he made it but bill is such an amazing guy🤩

Here is the cage on this cold February morning. Hard to believe in only two months it will be lush and green!
1000002681.jpg

@crosscutts and @DeremensisBlue are working on a cage diy series right now. I hope to begin a 2024 outdoor keeping thread soon!
Here is the episode where I run my nine year old design by @crosscutts and he optimizes it. I am building them out now and am working on the build guide. I really like showing the discussion and thought process so everyone can learn along side me! The DIY Chameleon Guys is a weekly YouTube show where we will keep doing this stuff. (image is linked to the video)
DIY Guys Episode 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom