Outdoor Keeping Season 2023

I can't believe it's already late August...

1000001592.jpg

How are they doing in this heat? I’m in the northeast US and it’s 97 today. Not sure how it is where you’re from.

How are they doing in this heat? I’m in the northeast US and it’s 97 today. Not sure how it is where you’re from.
He seems to tolerate the heat well, the cage is in full shade by 1pm, I add more misting sessions when it's hot and I usually bring him indoors if the air temp goes above 95.

I replied a little while back . When I started my exterior enclosure, using yours for inspiration this is how it’s going
What are you finding the temperature highs a Parsons is comfortable outdoors? I have always wanted a Parsons but I do worry about them overheating compared to a pardalis.

What are you finding the temperature highs a Parsons is comfortable outdoors? I have always wanted a Parsons but I do worry about them overheating compared to a pardalis.
I’ve had them in the upper 90s but the misters are running constantly once the temperature in reach 80 on one side of the habitat . They don’t mind temperatures up into the 90s in fact, sometimes they feed better. Once it starts going over 90 I’ll find them in the lower bushes underneath the misting system. This is just my experience. I try to bring them in if temperatures get over 95. I have the same issue on the lower end of the spectrum. They’ve spent the night outside into the high 40s. Though I didn’t like it, they seem to handle it fine.

I’ve had them in the upper 90s but the misters are running constantly once the temperature in reach 80 on one side of the habitat . They don’t mind temperatures up into the 90s in fact, sometimes they feed better. Once it starts going over 90 I’ll find them in the lower bushes underneath the misting system. This is just my experience. I try to bring them in if temperatures get over 95. I have the same issue on the lower end of the spectrum. They’ve spent the night outside into the high 40s. Though I didn’t like it, they seem to handle it fine.
I remember a news article about all the lizards in Florida falling out of the trees when the temps dropped very low. Can’t remember if that was the 30’s or 40’s

That is very encouraging... I really wanted to keep Parsons outdoors but always thought they would be uncomfortable over 80-85.

this is so beautiful!! a couple questions, would you have to live in a certain state and have the correct temp and humidity in order to keep a chameleon outside? i’ve been somewhat interested in learning about it and was thinking i could eventually move a chameleon into an outdoor enclosure but i wouldn’t even know where to begin!

Back
Top Bottom