Outdoor Keeping Season 2023

Perfect day!

PXL_20230513_172254472.jpg

I highly recommend it if you can... It makes the hobby so much more enjoyable to observe their wild outdoor behavior. Nothing better than having my morning coffee while hanging out by the cage. I can also tell that cryo is so much happier and healthier outdoors!
No lighting fixture can replicate the power of the sun. I had my pardalis out front on our river birch tree yesterday. He is 18 months old and it was his first time ever basking in real sun. It was a tear jerker haha.

Definitely took a few cues from your ideas , maybe I went a little out of control lol . But I am getting close to completion maybe two more weekends

Attachments

• IMG_6192.jpeg
    IMG_6192.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6197.jpeg
    IMG_6197.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6245.jpeg
    IMG_6245.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6260.jpeg
    IMG_6260.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 46
Definitely took a few cues from your ideas , maybe I went a little out of control lol . But I am getting close to completion maybe two more weekends
That looks amazing, I really like the red type of lumber you used. What did you go with for misting solution?

That looks amazing, I really like the red type of lumber you used. What did you go with for misting solution?
I bought a digital timer that allows the water to turn on and off and then I just use typical garden quarter inch tubing and put a tea at each habitat . I’m using the heads that are called foggers they put out the least amount of water, a very fine mist on one side of the cage which allows the Chamaeleons to go into it or out of it. Some will literally sit in the mist, and some will go in and out. I’m still playing around with solutions. We have some pretty extreme temperatures here. I’m also thinking about a way of may be adding fog at night. And possibly using a swamp cooler with ducting. When the temperatures exceed 90. I don’t know if it all work just doing some experimenting. As of now when the temperatures get over 85 I bring them inside.

Attachments

• IMG_6204.jpeg
    IMG_6204.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 39
I bought a digital timer that allows the water to turn on and off and then I just use typical garden quarter inch tubing and put a tea at each habitat . I’m using the heads that are called foggers they put out the least amount of water, a very fine mist on one side of the cage which allows the Chamaeleons to go into it or out of it. Some will literally sit in the mist, and some will go in and out. I’m still playing around with solutions. We have some pretty extreme temperatures here. I’m also thinking about a way of may be adding fog at night. And possibly using a swamp cooler with ducting. When the temperatures exceed 90. I don’t know if it all work just doing some experimenting. As of now when the temperatures get over 85 I bring them inside.
Very nice! I also bring him in once we hit 90-95 just to be safe and keep a watchful eye for signs of overheating. I also mist much longer and more often when it gets hotter as well as over half the cage is shaded. As for fog at night that is not needed here in the Midwest we get humidity above 95% on most summer nights and lots of natural dew.

Back
Top Bottom