Outdoor enclosure concerns

Jroops

I was thinking about building an outdoor enclosure soon so I'm trying to do all my research before I start construction. The cage is going to be at least 5ft x 3ft x 5ft, half of it is going to be under a covered porch other half in the sun. Since I'm in central Florida it rains all the time so should I use aluminum or treated wood? The only other thing I was kind of worried about is the amount of other small lizards outside, there are tons of anoles running around! Will my veiled try to eat them?

Yes your baby will eat the anoles if they get in, and the house geckos. If you are going window screen style then you can just use aluminum window screen runners.

Other than that people have had a lot of luck with pvc pipe and chicken netting/fencing.

yes they will eat them but they will not die from them. They are not poisonous to them or anything like that. The only thing is they can pass on parasites to your chameleon which could prove harmful later on. I know mine get them from time to time cause I have seen it happen before I could stop it. I don't deliberately feed them.

I was going to use galvanized hardware cloth, putting the frame up now. It's 8ft x 3ft x 8ft but starting 2ft off the ground. I lined it with heavy duty pond liner and cut out an inch over and put wire for drainage.

Here are some pictures

Back
Top Bottom