Outdoor cage suggestions

camimom

Ok, so I am going to be moving in a few months to a place that will actually have a backyard, so I can finally get my chammie babies outside for some real sun and not have to watch them every second, like I do at my apt.

So, Need suggestions for good outdoor cages, that WONT blow over, and birds cant get into.

If you don't plan on building one yourself I have found that the 260 gal Reptariums make great outdoor cages. I put a few tiles on the bottom of the cage to keep it from blowing away, and the plants help with that as well.

As for crack, you'll need to PM the dealer. SSimsswiSS

you can get cricket crack rite from the guy who makes it fourm member
SSimsswiSS he makes the crack

keep your eye on craigslist, but you know that already! :)

extra large bird cages or large shelving systems could work as a frame for a nice cage.

I saw this online the otherday and was started drooling. Its stainless steel so no rust issues either.

3155S_SilveradoModel_NEW.jpg

:Di plan to build. done it before. :D
and thank ya, i knew someone could find me a crack dealer.
:rolleyes:;)

I've sometimes wondered if you could use some sort of a pre-cut garden gazebo or greenhouse kit as the main framework, and use mesh panels to partition it into as many smaller cages as you wanted. There'd be a lot less precision building to do and it might look very nice. Might even have easy attachment points for shade cloth on the top too. You could also do some web searches for backyard bird aviaries to get some more ideas. Of course if you wanted to be able to move the cages around you are back to something on a rolling stand.

Last edited:
I've sometimes wondered if you could use some sort of a pre-cut garden gazebo or greenhouse kit as the main framework, and use mesh panels to partition it into as many smaller cages as you wanted. There'd be a lot less precision building to do and it might look very nice. Might even have easy attachment points for shade cloth on the top too. You could also do some web searches for backyard bird aviaries to get some more ideas. Of course if you wanted to be able to move the cages around you are back to something on a rolling stand.

For the cost of a gazebo or greenhouse you could buy a walk-in aviary I think.

First off, if you got that bird cage.

Im jealous. so very very jealous.

yea ive been watching CL for stuff, so far, nothing big enough for anything but my hoes.

i like the greenhouse idea. gonna see what I can find in my garden sections.

if anyone has pics, that would be super duper awesome! ;)

I wish I had that bird cage, but I doubt I could justify it in NC, if I lived in Fla, then ya!

My basic plan is to take a garbage can, fill it with dirt, put some plants in, and attach the screen high by wrapped it around the edge of the can going upward.

1 bit of advice I give in consideration of my experience with a hawk is to not use screen only . The hawk went thru chicken wire stapled very good ( i assume it was a high speed dive like they do ) . It was in the chicken pen & had not killed anything , but I think i came home fairly soon after it happened ( it was still disoriented from the impact ) . I intend to build a outside enclosure also ( IF I can't find something like shown above ... thanks for that idea :) ) . Chances are the chameleon would not attract the hawk as much as my chickens did , but no reason to take that chance IMO . I will use panels off of some animal cage & then screen that . It was a red tailed hawk that are very plentifull around here . i have seen sparrow hawks also . I have seen a red tail hawk try to work it's way thru chain link fence to get to my animals .

Back
Top Bottom