Outdoor baby Jackson’s

noahrofsky7

Established Member
Hello,

With a Jackson’s female that has been mated before, and will be mated again, I will most likely see babies in my future.

I was curious if anybody has kept baby Xanth’s outdoors in temperatures on the colder side. Haven’t seen too much about the temperatures they can tolerate outdoors in captivity.

Current temperatures in SoCal during the day are mid to high 60’s, and it hits the 70’s mark during some weeks. Relative humidity at 50% usually. Dips to the 50’s at night with very high humidity.

I know some people who would probably be able to answer these questions.

Thanks

Coastal Southern California is perfect for housing Jackson’s s outdoors year round. I have been doing it since the early 90’s. I mentioned coastal because we get high humidity at night along the coast. I’m not sure how they would do further inland. Jackson’s can handle low temperatures.

Coastal Southern California is perfect for housing Jackson’s s outdoors year round. I have been doing it since the early 90’s. I mentioned coastal because we get high humidity at night along the coast. I’m not sure how they would do further inland. Jackson’s can handle low temperatures.
I am less than 5 miles from the beach, so that helps.
Thanks!

I might be a bit more cautious with babies but wouldn’t be surprised if they did just fine.
Yeah, that’s why I made the post. Haven’t really seen much about keeping the babies outside. I would really like to keep them outside because of all the benefits of sun, temp drops at night, natural humidity, the list goes on.

I keep my pair outside. I’m more worried about it being to cold right now than being too hot.

Thanks

I am less than 5 miles from the beach, so that helps.
Thanks!
Going by memory of 10 plus years agp. There are Jacksons in the Morro Bay (something like that) and down in San Diego, not sure of locations I have heard of small Panther, Jacksons, and Veileds groups.

Saying that---They might have been escaped pets that were assumed wild. The stories are just that ---stories

Also, in the city of Laguna Beach--- There was a Chameleon shop --Leap in Lizards-- back in 1996 (name of store and year could be off a little). Heather was the owner and was big with the Panthers at the time. Was blessed with a visit to Sticky Tongue Farms in Temecula CA where she hand-picked her Panthers.

All were WC but would love to visit that place now to see if any survived the area (old bird aviary) Owner - no longer alive. Would release the Giant Panters (he called grand panthers) into the forest area, they were too old to sell off.

WOW! Your thread triggered so much. Thanks!

Action Jackson--- Thought you were in FL.... Do you allow CA tours? :LOL: (y)

oops! my 1st msg didn't go out.. Sorry!
I kept my jacksons outside for 3 years, babies and all. Temps were anywhere from 40 at night to a few HOT summer days 95 to 114. NEVER in direct Sun after 85 since the cages get so hot.

For what it is worth both baby Jax and baby veileds handle the heat way better than adults.. Not sure why.

oops! my 1st msg didn't go out.. Sorry!
I kept my jacksons outside for 3 years, babies and all. Temps were anywhere from 40 at night to a few HOT summer days 95 to 114. NEVER in direct Sun after 85 since the cages get so hot.

For what it is worth both baby Jax and baby veileds handle the heat way better than adults.. Not sure why.
Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom