Out with the old, in with the new!

Aight. SO to go along with my new misting system I thought it would be a good idea to get some nice looking and very functional misting nozzles. I have Herpmist nozzles....... BUT since Jason is MIA and I can't get parts from him anymore... :rolleyes:

I went with Mist King. I have a Mist King pump and now his nozzles. Marty has a very nice product and his customer service is great! What I like about his systems are that they are VERY complete. You get all the little gizmos and gadgets to set your system up. There is a lot of attention to detail. And this is why I wanted to post about his nozzles.

To keep the nozzles low key and more out of site Marty's nozzles come black. BUT... they have a white hose retaining ring and then a blue locking clip that keeps the retaining ring from releasing the hose. I don't think this looks bad... but because Marty's attention to detail he now sends out his shipments with black replacement parts so you can convert the nozzles into a full black nozzle. No more white ring and blue locking clip. You can switch them to black, very neat.

I purchased a ton of blue hose with my RO system. I plan to run all new hose when I get my cages situated and am sure of the hose routing... I don't want to waste hose because I decided to move something after running the new stuff, I want it all ready first. Since I have the black replacement parts and the blue and white parts I decided to take some pictures with different combinations.

I want to use the blue clips because they will match my blue hose... so black on blue... :cool: What do you guys think?

This is how the nozzles came to me. white ring and blue locking clip

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

This is how Marty said he would like them to look (When we talked at the SD Super Show, which is why the new systems come with the new parts)

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336-1.jpg

This is what I am aiming for.... Black ring but blue clip.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

This is another option... white on black

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

I also wanted to point out why I like the Mist King nozzles more than the old Herpmist.

Here is one of my old Herpmist nozzles... Notice how the misting head screws into a fitting that is straight? There is a short bit of hose (gender bender) into an elbow and then into another elbow. It makes for a longer nozzle.... takes up 'more room'. It also takes more parts. Because the nozzle is straight it takes two elbows to get the same function that Mist King nozzle can accomplish with one elbow. The Mist King uses an elbow fitting that the misting head screws into, so four parts are used where the Herpmist uses five. The nozzle takes up less room and can cover more of the cage with mist since it can be set back into the corner more.

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Here is the system operating.

IMG_0339.jpg

I like either the all black or the blue/black......
and if u want, u COULD set it up at my place and see how it all looks for a few months....:p:rolleyes:;):D

I think if the focus of your chameleon cages are the nozzle parts colors-you better spiff up your cages! LOL! :):):) Just kidding. Kevin-you focus on the tiniest details! :p

I find it difficult to believe you didn't use duct tape and hairspray to create your own nozzles McGyver..........:D

Nick

Personally I like the black and blue. I like the idea of an offsetting color for the clips. The all black doesn't look bad either, but the black and blue looks sharp. I almost wish there was a leaf or forest green nozzle to hide in or around the plants.

The blue on black looks the best of those options, but why not spend the few extra $'s and get the premium ones (or whatever they're called?). I'm sure you could get a bulk buy discount!

Is it all about the blue clips then?

LOL no, I was just kidding.

I like the premium.. but I like the value a bit more.... the size they take up in the cage is kind of the same.... I mean.. the prem. look way better and are smaller... but I like being able to play around with the value ones.

I've been looking into buying one of these and I'm just wondering what to use as a reservoir? just a bucket?

I'd buy a blue bucket ;) <- Sherwin Williams sells them hah!.

Kevin your attention to detail is amazing! I'm sure that carries over to your chameleon husbandry.

I've been looking into buying one of these and I'm just wondering what to use as a reservoir? just a bucket?

LOL yeah, a 5 gallon bucket or if you have a Smart and Final near you (They are all over southern california, its a bulk food and kitchen supply store) they sell square food pales. Or you can ask a local restaurant to save you one or their pales that they buy food in... Not sure what comes in them, but you can clean it out and it'll work better because the sides are flat and will seal the bulkhead fitting better.

I'd buy a blue bucket ;) <- Sherwin Williams sells them hah!.

Kevin your attention to detail is amazing! I'm sure that carries over to your chameleon husbandry.

I try to pay as much attention to detail in my husbandry as I can. :eek:

And yes, if I needed a bucket I would get blue.... we sell them at my work I think.... at least we sell, yellow, green, black and white.... I am sure we have blue. :D

Only Kevin would buy nozzles based on the color of the collet locks, haha ! :)

seriously though, this looks very cool...

IMG_0326.jpg

Kev, would you be interested in a small disco ball and a black light for your cham cage :) ?

(note to self - stop making fun of customers that are having fun with mistking products :p )

Only Kevin would buy nozzles based on the color of the collet locks, haha ! :)

seriously though, this looks very cool...

IMG_0326.jpg

Kev, would you be interested in a small disco ball and a black light for your cham cage :) ?

(note to self - stop making fun of customers that are having fun with mistking products :p )

'....shiny disco balls....'

Looks good but is the wire in the shelf pinching the nozzle enough to support it long term?

Looks good but is the wire in the shelf pinching the nozzle enough to support it long term?

??

The 'bolt' part of the bulkhead fitting is pinching the wire.... the spacing of the wire is wider than the fitting by about an 1/8". So it shoudn't be going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom