out off food

reptyslick123

hi there i have just ran out off crickets and i wont be able to get any for about three day because of the supplier :( what can i do in the mean time for him because i have been trying to bult him up as he is a little on the slim side :/

3 days is a little long i would be gettin in my car and headed towards some crickets my friend.. or find some wild bugs ( safe ones ) or maybe a friend or fellow reptile keeper in the area..

even if you cant find crickets somewhere has to have mealworms or something... call bait shops or something. even walmart has mealworms/waxworms (and mine has butterworms).. theres something local im sure.

try some other stuff besides crickets. You should be offering some other types of feeders anyways. Most of the petstores or reptiles stores sell, superworms or waxworms. They are not the ideal feeder cause they are super fattening but it would not hurt to feed those and mix some in here and there with the crickets especially if you are tryin to fatten him up. Also, silkworms are a great feeder. you can order those on line from Coastal Silworms, Lady Silkworm, Mulberry farms are some of the popular places to get them. Also moths are feedable as long as they are the brown ones. go out tonight and go where there is a light and get yourself a net and catch some of those.

How old is this chameleon? If he's full grown 3 days is not going to be a problem at all. You can certainly go to the nearest petstore and pick up something but he won't deteriorate in that time.

he is 13 months old at the moment and i will get mum told to diver me to the pet shop haha :) and i have been offering him wax and meal worm.
thanks guys

try some greens

when i run out i still try to offer vegtation instead. mine eats green leaf lettus, and kale leaves ive also given clover or dandylions..thats free and easy to find. just make sure no pesticides are present.

when i run out i still try to offer vegtation instead. mine eats green leaf lettus, and kale leaves ive also given clover or dandylions..thats free and easy to find. just make sure no pesticides are present.

Depends what kind of chameleon it is. Most species don't eat anything but insects. I suspect you're referring to your veiled eating vegetation? I'm not sure the op's cham is a veiled, so your advice may do more harm than good. Careful.

he is 13 months old at the moment and i will get mum told to diver me to the pet shop haha :) and i have been offering him wax and meal worm.
thanks guys

Are you in the UK? Just guessing by "mum" and "shop" you could order some online from a place called livefooduk they are brilliant and you get them the next day, good prices too. Where are you located?

hi there i have just ran out off crickets and i wont be able to get any for about three day because of the supplier :( what can i do in the mean time for him because i have been trying to bult him up as he is a little on the slim side :/

This might be just the impetus you need to start breeding at least one bug yourself, so that you are never again in this position. :)

A healthy adult chameleon can go three days without food without issue. Keep the water flowing, of course.

But please tell me that you offer more than just crickets? I highly recommend a variety of feeders, aiming to have no one prey item make up more than 20% of the chameleons diet.

edit: go easy on waxworms

Are you in the UK? Just guessing by "mum" and "shop" you could order some online from a place called livefooduk they are brilliant and you get them the next day, good prices too. Where are you located?

ye i do live i the UK :) and ye just had a look at the site :) and there have low coat for the amount you can get.

Back
Top Bottom