Oustalets 4-Months Old After Shed - Pascal

cityman212

This is our Male Oustalets... Pascal... He's Four Months old and just had a shed. His ridge has a bright red coming out and our little Ambilobe Panther Jane 2.5-Months old and showing pink with some reds right after a shed.

Sherman

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2968.jpg
    IMG_2968.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 129
Hey, your Oustie looks like a female? I have 3 males around 6-7 months and they have never shown those greens? They always have shown white, red, browns? Females have the greens. I think you have a female on your hands! Here is a pic of 2 of my males...

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

You know.... We have been struggling with which one of ours is which.. We purchased a Male and Female from FLChams They came Labeled and since we are new to the Cham world we assumed they were correct. And from everything we have read the males usually sport more color than the females. I will attach pictures of both and maybe the members can chime in on which is which. It's important because we have just seperated our males from females.(we also have a male and female Ambilobe Panther). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sherman

Attachments

• IMG_2970.jpg
    IMG_2970.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 97
in those 2 pics, you definitely have a male / female. I met up with the breeder of my Oustalet's and he showed me some pics of his male and the differences with the females. I didn't want to deal with eggs or anything like that right now, so I went with 3 males. Both of your chams look good though! Great pair on your hands. I picked mine up from Eric Sorg and hopefully he can chime in. He has worked with Ousties for quite some time. I can't speak for panthers though, Ousties are the only chams I've worked with.

DSCN0896.jpg

You know.... We have been struggling with which one of ours is which.. We purchased a Male and Female from FLChams They came Labeled and since we are new to the Cham world we assumed they were correct. And from everything we have read the males usually sport more color than the females. I will attach pictures of both and maybe the members can chime in on which is which. It's important because we have just seperated our males from females.(we also have a male and female Ambilobe Panther). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sherman

Female on the left
Male on the right

Back
Top Bottom