Our lil weirdo

So the hubs and I were watching Tillman explore his bigger habitat and hunt for crickets one evening when all of a sudden...Tillman just like charged at and then lunged at the fake foliage! He chomped a fake leaf and just tugged at it and then opened his mouth, let it go, and walked away. We had no idea what the heck that was about. Anyone ever see their chams do something similar before?

Mine repeatedly licked the metal washer that holds one of his basking perches in place, I figured he saw his shadow moving on it and he's greedy so instantly thought 'FOOD'

So the hubs and I were watching Tillman explore his bigger habitat and hunt for crickets one evening when all of a sudden...Tillman just like charged at and then lunged at the fake foliage! He chomped a fake leaf and just tugged at it and then opened his mouth, let it go, and walked away. We had no idea what the heck that was about. Anyone ever see their chams do something similar before?

Is he a veiled chameleon? they love to eat leaves and other plants..

Is he a veiled chameleon? they love to eat leaves and other plants..

Yeah he's a veiled. We have a money tree in there with him but I haven't seen any evidence of him eating the leaves. One time when we were struggling to keep him hydrated. we dripped some water onto a piece of green leaf lettuce in front of him for him to drink off and he nipped the end of the lettuce off and ate it. But he hasn't done that since. I think we may need to add more plant in his enclosure. It's big enough.

I use pothos they seem to be the way to go. But I’ve given mine small pieces of organic kale or just the ends of broccoli not the stem tho. just as a snack here any there. But they like to rip so I hold it for him as he bites pieces off.

My Jackson's has little random freak outs or spaz sessions. Hell be sitting there and then just do some random super fast body movement or Bob all funny then stops and acts like nothing .they're funny little critters

Back
Top Bottom