Our leopard tadpoles turned into little frogs!!

tianniccari

Established Member
About 3 weeks ago now, my boyfriend and I were at a mini golf place close to our house. In the little pools of water running throughout the course we found a bunch of tadpoles, so we decided to take some home and see if we couldn't raise them. We had 3 of them, but unfortunately one of the tadpoles didn't make it. :( The 2 other ones, turned into cute little frogs.They're both smaller than a dime still. I don't have any comparison pictures right now, but I will try and get one. I just finished setting up their new cage last night and wanted some opinions on whether or not this is going to be okay for them while they're still so small. Any input is appreciated, thanks!! :)

Some information on the tank:
It is an Exo Terra Natural Terrarium Mini (12x12x18) that we had our first set of Pygmy's in. It is part land (coconut substrate with moss on top) and part water (pebbles gradually slop down from the substrate). There are 5 fake plants in it and a fake log for the to hid under. We are using a 75w bulb along with a 25w UVB bulb.

Update: Unfortunately, the smaller of the 2 died :( It wasn't able to properly hold itself up and it's arms kept getting stuck to its sides. But the other one seems to be doing pretty well and it turns out, it is actually an Eastern American Toad. Does anyone happen to know how to sex these toads? Has anyone ever kept these toads Here is a picture of the little thing :love:
mr. toad.PNG

Back
Top Bottom