Our First Two Panthers and my First Post

bbprinting

So we got our first two Chameleons a few weeks ago from Brian (Reptoman). Jango (Sleeping in the pic) is our male and his sire is Cpt Kirk and Leia is our female and her sire is Spock. Luckily Brian was local so we were able to go to his house and pick them up. What an amazing setup he has not to mention how much help he was. He gave my whole family the extended tour introducing us to all his chameleons. After we left my wife said don't get any ideas, lol. I tend to overdue and overspend on every hobby I have but I also put my whole heart into it. It's amazing in this short period of time how much we have grown to love them. I've learned tons from this site and look forward to getting to know each of you. (Far right cage in the pic is currently empty, for now...)

Jason

Attachments

• leia.jpg
    leia.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 142
  • jango.jpg
    jango.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 151
  • cages.jpg
    cages.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 162
They look great Jason! Love the names on the pics. It was great seeing you guys again. I look forward to seeing those 2 grow up!

Welcome, I am new myself. How are those branches being held inside the cage? I would like to do that myself.

Welcome, I am new myself. How are those branches being held inside the cage? I would like to do that myself.

They are being help mostly by thumb tacks then where they cross the base of the tree I cable tie them together. I don't fully trust the thumb tacks alone and attach them to the tree adds tons of support. Negative is when I have to remove the tree for anything I will have to cut the cable ties and then reattach new ones when I put it back in.

You'd be surprised how much weight the thumb tacks can hold up. I had a fairly thick branch in my cage held up by 2 tacks at each end AND had the large pothos plant sitting ON the branch. It is amazing, but it all holds up somehow!

You'd be surprised how much weight the thumb tacks can hold up. I had a fairly thick branch in my cage held up by 2 tacks at each end AND had the large pothos plant sitting ON the branch. It is amazing, but it all holds up somehow!

If I can get 3 tacks in it I feel much better, seems like with just 2 it wants to spin on you.

Welcome to the forums,Brian is a great guy,I to have seen his set up and agree it is very nice. I also have one of his kirk boys and he is one of my favorites and very friendly. I don't hold my chams alot but every time I open the cage of my kirk boy he just about jumps onto my hand!! You can find everything you need to keep your chams healthy and happy here,again welcome

Back
Top Bottom