Our crib

matt2310

No names crib, feel free to criticize I don't mind.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 147
Sry I'm on phone

Sry I'm on my phone IDk how to send more than one pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 148
No names crib, feel free to criticize I don't mind.

You asked for it.....but I'll try to be kind. :)

What are those branches? Those are the weirdest looking most unnatural looking things. Looks like pepperoni sticks tied up with bright colored twizzlers. Or maybe I'm just hungry.....

Whoever sold those to you should be paid a visit from the hand misting mafia.

Now don't you wish you hadn't said to feel free to criticize?:p

MAtt, the one thing I see as a potential problem is the size rocks you have covering the soil in the plant. They are awfully small and could easily be injested by your chameleon. I would get some large river rocks and go that route instead. Looks very nice though, but I would still get some more foliage in there for cover towards the top.

You asked for it.....but I'll try to be kind. :)

What are those branches? Those are the weirdest looking most unnatural looking things. Looks like pepperoni sticks tied up with bright colored twizzlers. Or maybe I'm just hungry.....

Whoever sold those to you should be paid a visit from the hand misting mafia.

Now don't you wish you hadn't said to feel free to criticize?:p

Those are artificial vines that you can buy at the pet stores. They work great and are nice and soft on the chameleons little feet!!

Those are artificial vines that you can buy at the pet stores. They work great and are nice and soft on the chameleons little feet!!

Those things look godawful. Like those soft pretzels inside the rotating cases at the mall.:p Man I must be hungry..............

Petsmart

Those vines are crazy made by all living things comes like 3 ft or more I forget...

How do you recommend I hang plants up higher? Was kinda hard getting that pothos up... And the rocks I have small because that's all I could get at the time I plan to change that tho.

He loves them

He loves them if u go near him if he wants to hide he will just spin around it it's pretty funny

Those vines are crazy made by all living things comes like 3 ft or more I forget...

How do you recommend I hang plants up higher? Was kinda hard getting that pothos up... And the rocks I have small because that's all I could get at the time I plan to change that tho.

Just buy taller plants like a sheffelera or a ficus. You could also turn a pot upside down and then put another potted plant on top of that. That will raise it up quite a bit. Yeah definitely change the rocks out. They really could pose as a hazard. Their tongues can stick to other things when shooting for prey. I gave my chameleon a worm and he was down towards the bottom of the cage outside. He shot at the worm and there was a little stick that had broken off one of the plants. He got the worm and the stick as the worm was right next to the stick! He had the stick in his mouth and was choking to get it out! Luckily I was right there and pulled the stick out for him.

I thought they looked strange too but you ought to feel one, they are really cool and pretty nice(Although I prefer to buy bulk bio vine)

Next time I'm in the pet shop I'll see if they have some, just for entertainment purposes.;)

I could envision a problem if you were using them exclusively due to the limited variation in diameter and providing "too soft" of surface which could cause longer nail lengths, loss of callous tissue, and reduced grip strength.

WC chameleons usually have noticeably stronger grip than most captive chameleons due to a wider variety of climbing branches diameters and surfaces.

You can even test this in captive populations. When you first introduce smooth climbing branches like bamboo, your chameleon may not be able to hold onto it. After a few weeks, they can develop enough grip strength to do it like a pro.

I think you are good, like said before, more foliage. Good way is UVB zip ties (black). Also can use twisty ties. You want the foliage thick enough you cant really see from one side to the other.

Looks like ur On ur way to a Nice enclosure. But like Mike said you need a variety of branches/vines. I have also noticed stronger grip with time in a properly diversified enclosure. Looks like you will be fine, accepting criticism is the essence to becoming enlightened. Lol, just came up with that.

Back
Top Bottom