OUCH !!!!! Olive !!!! how do you carry your cham?

little leaf

Avid Member
almost everyday I carry all the of the pits ( Olive's babies) , Oliver, the panther ( please help me name this poor guy :p ) and Olive out to the F/R - but Olive holds on so tight she makes me bleed !! :mad: its like little pin holes all over my hands and arms - I don't want to wear gloves , she just now trust ( and maybe even LIKES me now :D ) and that would freak her out, plus she goes right up my arm - I tried to put her in the tote I use for the pits, but she goes all black - any suggestions ? I will literally bleed for my chams :p I feel they really need the real sun- but by the end of summer I won't have any skin left at this rate - lol

That's too funny. My guy holds on for dear life sometimes too but never left marks. I know some people have mentioned that they get really itchy after holding their chams, I'm not sure what causes that. Can you post a pic of "the panther" so we can vote on names? :)

That's too funny. My guy holds on for dear life sometimes too but never left marks. I know some people have mentioned that they get really itchy after holding their chams, I'm not sure what causes that. Can you post a pic of "the panther" so we can vote on names? :)

I dont really get itchy, she just pokes threw my skin - I will take a pic of her "pinching" me in the am - she is in bed now, and not feeling well :(

here he is :D he is puppy dog sweet ~ :) his father is Candy Cane Jr - I was going to call him Over Time ( because I worked all I could to get him :p , OT for short, but it just does not seem to fit him ~ :confused:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 207
What about Gum Drop...It sticks with the candy theme since his dad is Candy Cane Jr. and there are red and green gum drops :)

I think she will become more gentle with you in time. If you can just tough it out. My arms are full of scars but not from chameleon, from my dog Red when he was young. I call them scars of love. :)

I hope so Jann :eek: here is a pic of how tight she hangs on ~
she is not feeling well at all, I hope she will be ok - :( so even sick, she has this super strong grip , she is big anyway for a Jax, but her nails are like cats !! :p

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 200
I know this kinda defeats the purpose, but what about using a branch or vine for her rather than your skin :). She may feel a bit more secure hanging onto something she can wrap her claws around. ;) You could wrap a vine around your arm :eek:. Or just get transfusions :D:p.

You could wrap a vine around your arm :eek:. Or just get transfusions :D:p.

LOL - thats about how I feel- my husband always knows when I have had Olive out because it looks like I stuck my arms in a blender - I did try a stick once, but she tried to jump off of it- now I am scared to try again :( every so often, she will just jump - I dont know why she does this ??? :confused: I have an autoimmune disease , so my skin is soft - but she even does this to my son who is fine - I guess I should be glad she is so strong, but YIKE - O , I have to watch how much I let her on me :( and she is the only one who does this- out of the 8, she is the only one ~

I guess I won't complain about all the red dots on my are from Zaphod yesterday... I can't imagine what it would look like if he had that kind of grip :eek:.

Ouch! I don't think I've ever seen anyone with scratch marks like that! Small scratches maybe but not ones that make you bleed. He's a beauty, and I think you should name him Emerson, Julius, or Leon!

i have gone to long sleeve t's to keep the scratches down.
and it's summer in az:eek: but i love my minion:cool:

Back
Top Bottom