Other willsii owers/ canopy chameleon

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m looking for other ppl who many be keeping furcifer willsii. I have a few questions and want to compare care so we can better perfect this species in captivity. I know a lot of ppl like to keep this guys are secret as possible but I think it’s doing a disservice to the species success in captivity.

I have kept 4 over the past two years, 1 male 3 females, I only have a male and female at the moment but am trying to get my hands on more. My youngest female has successfully laid a clutch in captivity and is about to produce another clutch.

I would love to hear from other ppl who have kept them and there experience. If you don’t want to share publicly that’s fine you can pm me.

Checking In How Are You GIF

still here waiting

By process of elimination, you have been crowned the furcifer willsii expert of the forum. Congrats?
No no no just an at home mother who likes to collect scaled babies but I would take a crown if it’s offered
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Were you able to reach the forum member I suggested, your Majesty?
Yes, I need to write to them, but I will admit my weird awkwardness always stops me

I have kept 0.1 Furcifer willsii. I have got a friend thought that has a 1.1 pair and they mated the summer/autumn of 2020. I think I have pmed you before about him though?!?

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I vaguely remember having a convo with you about them. I will have to dig throw the messages to find that info again. Back then I didn’t have a Facebook but since then I’ve finally gotten around to making one.

Yeah my buddy has got a clutch of Furcifer willsii eggs incubating.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I’m going to have to pm you and ask for that friends info again. I’ve been super busy these past few days so I still haven’t gotten a chance to dig throw those old messages. I’m hoping my female will lay another clutch soon and this time the eggs be fertilized

I think Furcifer willsii ranks up their in adorable/cuteness with mammals such as rabbits and hamsters.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I have to agree, still don’t get how they are so cute when they are so tiny. The horns on a males are just adorable looking and when they get mad you can’t help but laugh at there little attitudes

I’m going to have to pm you and ask for that friends info again. I’ve been super busy these past few days so I still haven’t gotten a chance to dig throw those old messages. I’m hoping my female will lay another clutch soon and this time the eggs be fertilized

I have to agree, still don’t get how they are so cute when they are so tiny. The horns on a males are just adorable looking and when they get mad you can’t help but laugh at there little attitudes
I look forward to your pm. I have got my digits crossed that at least one of you two hatches out one of these clutches. I know of at least one clutch that has hatched in the USA.

They are a precious little chameleon.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom