Orchids in Vivariums

CJ's Exotics

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello! Does anybody know if miniature orchids, like the ones for sale at Glass Box Tropicals, are safe for chameleons? I really want to put some epiphytic orchids in my new chameleon enclosures. Thank you!

I don't know anything bout Glass Box Tropicals, but I use just about any orchid that I can get to grow well in my enclosures, but I don't have any leaf munchers.. and I have seen some beautiful orchids in cham enclosures.

I don't know anything bout Glass Box Tropicals, but I use just about any orchid that I can get to grow well in my enclosures, but I don't have any leaf munchers.. and I have seen some beautiful orchids in cham enclosures.
Thank you so much! I love the little orchids at glass box tropicals, but was hesitant to start a plant tank section with orchids to put in my vivariums. Thank you so much!

Yes afaik all orchids are safe.

Now whether you will be to grow them or not is another story haha.

Orchids have some steep care reqs, and some serious light needs for alot of them. If you can provide that, then sure do it! My current Naturalistic Viv Project is going to be littered with them :).

Yes afaik all orchids are safe.

Now whether you will be to grow them or not is another story haha.

Orchids have some steep care reqs, and some serious light needs for alot of them. If you can provide that, then sure do it! My current Naturalistic Viv Project is going to be littered with them :).

Hmm, I may try getting a few and tie em to the branches.
Not now, because I already spend an easy 30 minutes finding my little veiled in his enclosure... It's green on green and fits behind most leafs o_O

Back
Top Bottom