Oral Medication

Kleynie

Hello all,
I suspected parasites in Zeus a few weeks ago, so I had him tested, it came back negative for parasites, however, he does have an overgrowth of yeast. So anyway, he's been prescribed anti fungal medication over a 14 day period to get it back to a normal level. It's an oral liquid medication, he's had his first dose of 0.05ml today, and it was a pain to give him. I put him in front of a mirror, and he didn't react for some reason, just sat and looked, so I ended up giving him a morio worm and putting the medicine in between chews. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to give him the medicine with as little stress as possible?
Thanks

I have done it by injecting it into a hornworm and feeding... and by giving a feeder and carefully aiming the meds in. Both were easy. I did not have issues with stressing the cham with either option. As long as it is taking food your a step ahead for not stressing them out. But here is a link for how to give oral meds... You have to be careful your not putting it where their airway is at the front of their mouth or they can aspirate the medicine. http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2014/05/how-to-give-different-medicines.html

Back
Top Bottom