Oppinions on 'Bone-Aid' ? Help

kelsxox

I was woundering about T-Rex Bone Aid anybody got any oppinions on this, if it would be good to treat a chameleon with MBD with this? JannB told me to get Calcium 'Glubionate' .. I'm still looking for this product, but i'm woundering about this also.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - Vielded, female, 6-7 months. Been in my care for about 2 weeks.
• Handling - Once or twice a day or none, for cleaning or free range around the room a bit.
• Feeding - Crickets,4-8 a day, Usually everyday at 2:00 pm .. . Gutloading with carrots, romaine lettuce & sweat potatoe, sweet red pepper.
• Supplements -
Exo Terra Powder Calcium - everyday
Exo Terra Powder Multi Vitamin- once every 2 weeks.
Exo Terra Powder Calcium+D3- once every 2 weeks.
• Watering - Homemade water bottle dripper. Misting 5 to 6 times a day. Do you see your chameleon drinking? - sometimes.
• Fecal Description - brown with white end, and this goey stuff sometimes.
• History - my baby gurl aLexa has MBD, i'm trying to stop it from getting any worse, according to the feedbacks from the people on forums it is not very severe right now.

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - LARGE repti breeze.
• Lighting -
18'' 15 watt Repti Sun 5.0
18'' 15 watt Nature Sun
50 watt ZooMed Basking bulb
• Plants - i have a Neanthe Bella Palm in the bottom of her cage.
• Placement - Cage is in SPARE bedroom, on top of nightstand in corner
• Location - timmins ontario
• Temperatures - Low 80's F. during the day in basking area and at night in the low 60's.

Attachments

• alexaaaa.jpg
    alexaaaa.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 86
  • habitatt.jpg
    habitatt.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 88
Im not sure what time your lights come on, Im assuming morning. If so, I would not feed in the afternoon. I feed within the first 6 hrs(usually 3hrs) of the chams day, and let them use the last bit for basking digesting the food. Chams eat one meal: Breakfast!:p Just somthing I noticed, and JMO

I used it for my first chameleon, to combat MBD. It helped him get over it actually, but that was because I caught it VERY early.

LPR08

I used it for my first chameleon, to combat MBD. It helped him get over it actually, but that was because I caught it VERY early.

LPR08
kk i'm gonna get it for sure then ! Cause she has it.. she seemed to be doing better , but i just caught her for the first time since when i first got her and she wasn't doing so well sleeping during the day.. i don't kno if it's because my lighting schedules been screwed up cause the automatic timer is being retarded. but she still have her eyes closed at 6:20 in the after noon. ... "LinkinParkRulez" how long did you treat your cham with it

kk i'm gonna get it for sure then ! Cause she has it.. she seemed to be doing better , but i just caught her for the first time since when i first got her and she wasn't doing so well sleeping during the day.. i don't kno if it's because my lighting schedules been screwed up cause the automatic timer is being retarded. but she still have her eyes closed at 6:20 in the after noon. ... "LinkinParkRulez" how long did you treat your cham with it

About a month before I saw 100% recovery. Then I did it every other day for like 3 more weeks then weened him off of it.

LPR08

Chams love schedule. Get a working timer! I have had them act retarded to. Its very frustrating.:mad:
How can you tell how severe the MBD is? & how can you tell when they are 100% recovered, please help! thank you!

All MBD is severe. The worst cases the limbs of the cham look like noodles:( MBD can be stopped, and the bones healed and hardend, but the deformity of the bones is permenent. Searching can pull up much more detailed information.

Chams love schedule. Get a working timer! I have had them act retarded to. Its very frustrating.:mad:

All MBD is severe. The worst cases the limbs of the cham look like noodles:( MBD can be stopped, and the bones healed and hardend, but the deformity of the bones is permenent. Searching can pull up much more detailed information.
I rather her legs look a little funny then her die :( ... Is it possible to give them too much calcium ? Or the more the better kind of thing, like say i'm dusting her crickets in low phosphorus powder calcium, then would be giving her the T-Rex Bone Aid liquid calcium could that do any damage to her or mess with her?

Back
Top Bottom