Opinions on this "Shed spot'

Saldarya

Established Member
Afternoon All,

Just want to get peoples opinions on this lil patch of what I think is shed. It has slowly, but consistently gotten a bit larger over the past couple of weeks.

The Cham is an adult, I am guessing nearing 18-20 months. He is healthy on all visual accounts. Eats well, drinks well, poop and urates look fine, again, no issues.

Ambient humidity stays around 75% and he is misted for 10 minutes 2x day plus a dripper for one after after each mist.

That being said, just seemed a strange place for a random spot of shed.

So please take a look and offer any thoughts as to whether it is shed or possibly something else.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

1st pic is today, 2nd pic is about 4 days ago.

spray him a bit and let him dry out good then should be
comeing off... i did the same with my veiled today..
hand sprayed him with low warm water hand warm
for like 5 mins constantly and let him dry out
now he is almost clear of sheds ;)

Does any of the rest of him show signs of shedding? When did he shed last? When you look close does it look flaky? If it looks flaky, I would be ok with it. However if it looks like something growing rather than shed, I would head for the vet. First thing however is mist him until he says uncle and chams can't talk:eek: when it is super soaked touch a tiny piece and see if it comes off.

Does any of the rest of him show signs of shedding? When did he shed last? When you look close does it look flaky? If it looks flaky, I would be ok with it. However if it looks like something growing rather than shed, I would head for the vet. First thing however is mist him until he says uncle and chams can't talk:eek: when it is super soaked touch a tiny piece and see if it comes off.

Hey there Laurie, it does appear flaky, that is one of the reasons I have not been overly concerned. He has yet to shed in my care, I have had him 4.5 months. no other spots appear like this on him. I may give him the shower treatment for a bit and then go from there.

So, I let him have a shower for about 20+ minutes, he was plenty soaked. I tried to gently 'scrape' the area, and no skin flecked off, so that may dismiss a shed.

I can and will likely run him to the vet for a check up, but I guess the real question is, does this look like a skin condition that happens with Chams?

I did some searching and didn't see anything that looked lie this whether bacterial, fungal, or otherwise.

So, while I look to resolve it, and feedback as to what it could be if not shed?

Thanks!

some of those sheds can be pretty hard to get off- I have been working on getting old shed off my male Jax for MOS. when he was at the vets, a bit ago- he said just keep at it - but....that is over the temporal gland area - and when ever I am in question, my vet is not cheap - lol - but I would much rather pay for a vet visit, and know nothing is wrong, vs let it go, and you end up w/ a mess - and even more vet visits - I just take a Q-tip and lightly rub the area while he is under the mister ( mine are all outside, but I pull them in as needed for stuff like this , or if someone is acting odd - ) , it is stuck right where the horns all come out- so its a tight spot - I am not very aggressive with it, and it is slowly coming off-but I avoid the area right where the horn comes out, but I would run your guy in just because of where that spot is, close to his mouth, and eye - and the gland area - you also want to be careful not to irritate the area ( or the cham :p )

ps...I LOVE the bright yellow on your guy - very nice !!

Back
Top Bottom