Opinions on this mesh size and color

ChameLeon_

So, my mesh saga continues. I found this one at local supplier for quite a good price. It's aluminum, but a downside is relatively small opening size and a silver color. Could this be used for hybrid chameleon cage where 2 sides and top will be mesh? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20220824_080951.jpg
    IMG_20220824_080951.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 54
Won't it be too small to pull his nails and too silver to reflect too much light and make seeing inside harder?

Personally i go with 1/2" mesh so they can crawl all over. Down side is "food" can get out.

As for "seeing", its preference, its gonna be blocking over 50% no matter what at that current mesh, do you want silver block or black block?

Personally i go with 1/2" mesh so they can crawl all over. Down side is "food" can get out.

As for "seeing", its preference, its gonna be blocking over 50% no matter what at that current mesh, do you want silver block or black block?
That's the question, i cannot find black mesh at our market here unfortunately. What i did find is outdoor HDPE fencing, it's black, UV resistant and has openings of 5x5mm. Seems like ideal choice? Should be hard enough for bugs to not chew through and small enough for them to not crawl through too. What do you think? Thanks!

That's the question, i cannot find black mesh at our market here unfortunately. What i did find is outdoor HDPE fencing, it's black, UV resistant and has openings of 5x5mm. Seems like ideal choice? Should be hard enough for bugs to not chew through and small enough for them to not crawl through too. What do you think? Thanks!

Thats what i use. As long as its outdoor rated it will have the carbon or whatever that makes it uv stable so it doesnt start getting brittle under the lights.

Here is what i used:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Tenax-3-ft-x-15-ft-Plastic-Black-Hardware-Net-751397/100384025
https://tenaxfence.com/store/tenax-hardware-net-3-x-15-black-62071079.html

Its a lot thicker than "poultry netting".

IMG_20140302_122546.jpg

if the tip of a pen slides in the holes its standard size mesh. It looks like its right on. I would grab it. Personally you will prob like the silver better then black as you will see everything better.

If your doing an outside enclosure go with the bigger mesh size. If inside and you dont want feeders escaping get the aluminum. The standard size is pretty close to letting fruit flys get out. I prefer to have less bugs in the house. Well at least less free roaming bugs! ;)

Thanks for answers, both of you!
Personally you will prob like the silver better then black as you will see everything better.
I thought black is better than silver? Silver is supposed to reflect too much light and make it harder to see out. Also not planning to use fruit flys, mostly dubia roaches and i will most likely cup-feed so they should not get out from the 5x5mm size as well i hope.

Back
Top Bottom