opinions on our second clutch....

jandie

so, our second little girl (who we thought didn't actually "finish the deed") the one time we've had them together, finished laying today...and honestly, I was expecting them to all be infertile, but I think we may have a mixture....(sorry if the pics are large....)

anyone wanna chime in? :D

First, the possibly fertile ones....

P1140622.jpg

P1140619.jpg

And the others....

P1140623.jpg

P1140616.jpg

the second batch aren't fully "yellow" but look darker and the dirt/sand is pretty much stuck to them, unlike the others... the only reason I wonder about the others is the fact that they look different than our other clutch...the white is not quite as "thick/chalky" looking...in the pics they look quite white...but to me in person, almost a little pinkish... and there's almost a "dimpled" or circular pattern on the outside of the eggs....so any thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated! :D

and of course, the parentals =)

Since the first clutch was a retained clutch we weren't really expecting...and the whole learning better the locales and visual recognition of them and that Gargamel was an Ambanja, we thought this a better pairing....(but yeah, busy ladies' man!) ;)

Dad:

PC050342.jpg

And Mom: (first one when she first arrived at home, second in her pjs) :D

PB170248.jpg

PC010293.jpg

hoping so...

Awesome looking Ambanjas. Are they the eggs fertile?

i'm hoping so...hoping someone else can chime in on the first 2 pics with a "yes" on that. still kinda new to the egg realm, but i think some are and some may not be.

thanks for the compliment! :D we're pretty fond of them! ;)

no, actually we just lucked out with him at a local reptile store... we'd been in there a few times, and one of the workers owns his brother and told us about how purple his bars get and that's kinda what we were looking for...no clue of the lineage actually, but just maybe starting one of his own. ;)

no, actually we just lucked out with him at a local reptile store... we'd been in there a few times, and one of the workers owns his brother and told us about how purple his bars get and that's kinda what we were looking for...no clue of the lineage actually, but just maybe starting one of his own. ;)

Nice, where in California are you?

Cool... Anyway about the eggs,you will know in about a week or so. The infertile ones will begin to darken and mold over!

The eggs looks pretty good. Hopefully they are fertile. Treat them all they are fertile. You will know soon enough if they are not.

The eggs looks pretty good. Hopefully they are fertile. Treat them all they are fertile. You will know soon enough if they are not.
thanks, Lance! =) if those 3 are not, but the others are....we've got 22 in the first clutch (the ambilobe x ambanja) and 16 of the ambanja in the second clutch... =)

funny thing is, we spaced them out a bit with the breeding attempts, didn't expect that retained clutch, and we're hoping to have an ankaramy clutch sometime in the next week...talk about eggs coming out your ears! lol. i might need another incubator! haha... i just hope the hatchrite works out well. =)

thanks, Lance! =) if those 3 are not, but the others are....we've got 22 in the first clutch (the ambilobe x ambanja) and 16 of the ambanja in the second clutch... =)

funny thing is, we spaced them out a bit with the breeding attempts, didn't expect that retained clutch, and we're hoping to have an ankaramy clutch sometime in the next week...talk about eggs coming out your ears! lol. i might need another incubator! haha... i just hope the hatchrite works out well. =)

dont know about the eggs, but those are some beautiful parents you have there who hopefully just made some beautiful babies!!!

Back
Top Bottom