Opinions on Bio-Pot please.

CasqueAbove

Chameleon Enthusiast
I want honest opinions. I am going to be offering these Bio-Pots.
They are fabric pots that are lined with 20mil clear linoleum. They are 2ft diameter and fit in the standard 2x2 cages. The linoleum creates a barrier keeping your CuC where you want them. The linoleum connects with Velcro for easy filling and extends to the bottom.

I am thinking of adding a plastic liner and bulk head to make it have controlled drain if desired.

It doesn’t come with dirt.
I am asking $25. If any one is interested I can ship or just give free how to. There is nothing hard to get.

Attachments

• A319B62B-6E6C-4366-A93A-A4044B9CADF1.jpeg
    A319B62B-6E6C-4366-A93A-A4044B9CADF1.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 111
  • E77006D2-2AF4-4685-80FE-1D62B8EE21EB.jpeg
    E77006D2-2AF4-4685-80FE-1D62B8EE21EB.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 473D4BFB-BABF-45E8-A46A-EC18A5FB6AA5.jpeg
    473D4BFB-BABF-45E8-A46A-EC18A5FB6AA5.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 115
I know nothing really about bio active so I can not comment on that aspect... But as far as marketing and selling it. I think taking a pic with it in a 2x2x4 cage would be good. So they can see how it will fill out the bottom space. And even one planted out would be great.

I think it will be a bargain (if I read correctly, they’re fully lined / waterproof) as a starter kit for bioactive. You just need to fill the open space, round vs square, with something that absorbs moisture.

I have questions! 😁
Is the bottom fabric or linoleum?
Is this to go inside a 2x2 enclosure or outside?
If it goes inside, will it square out or stay round?
What is the depth measurement?
Would you be willing/able to sell just the linoleum insert? If so, price?
I love the idea of a bulkhead to drain as needed.

I know nothing really about bio active so I can not comment on that aspect... But as far as marketing and selling it. I think taking a pic with it in a 2x2x4 cage would be good. So they can see how it will fill out the bottom space. And even one planted out would be great.
Yes I just found out the show is happening so I am in a bit of a rush, but I am going to have it planted and set up in a cage so they can see and look at it.
I have questions! 😁
Is the bottom fabric or linoleum?
Is this to go inside a 2x2 enclosure or outside?
If it goes inside, will it square out or stay round?
What is the depth measurement?
Would you be willing/able to sell just the linoleum insert? If so, price?
I love the idea of a bulkhead to drain as needed.
It is 2ft round and the fabric part is 8 inches, with the clear up about 2 inches, but you can do to your liking.
Yes it fits right in a 2x2 enclosure. It stays round, but I have seen square ones on amazon.
Of course I would sell you just linoleum part, but you can get it right at Hobby lobby it is 20guage and the Velcro from Walmart.
If you just want one put together $10 It is light so shipping won't be bad.

I have been looking for a solution for a while when I came up with this. I wonder if you could spray the inside of the fabric with flex seal :unsure: .

What kind of fabric are you using? (e.g. cotton duck, polyester, acrylic, nylon, blend [if so, what?])
A shortcut might be using an already rubberized fabric.
I believe the are pressed felt. They are already made planters. I had some flex seal so I did spray one. I will fill with water tomorrow and see what happens. Either way I will buy by the can next time an paint it on. My goal is an easy affordable option for bio-active in a screen cage. If this is received well I will come up with an improved version for the next show.

Just wanted to add a pic of how this looks inside the enclosure. I folded down the sides of my fabric planter because my cage is only 3 ft tall and I didn’t want to take away from my chameleons usable space. I think the square 2x2 would also work ok but the sides will not be taught unless filled to the top with soil, the liner may be difficult to keep smooth and straight with squared off corners, but doable. It really doesn’t leave much gap at all, and I like the little corner space for placing any plant cuttings to propagate in cups. 🥰

Attachments

• 1931CEC6-5B8C-4539-8BFA-1D953D231CAB.jpeg
    1931CEC6-5B8C-4539-8BFA-1D953D231CAB.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 108
A good alternative to an adhesive would be zip ties, I used them to secure the sides down, after realizing how much hot glue was getting soaked up into the fabric🤦🏻‍♀️ The glue holds pretty well, but it took me over 15 glue sticks to decide to switch to the zip ties. The liner is an excellent idea and I would’ve loved to order a premade set, especially if it came with the option of getting the CuC and/or soil along with it.

Oh and btw the fabric can also be cut without fraying. I’m really loving this planter, and it’s great to know the fabric is water permeable and breathable.

You are a sewer you can buy rPET woven felt fabric. This is most likely the fabric that the bag you are using is made of.

I would be more likely to purchase one the fit snug in the cage.

You are a sewer you can buy rPET woven felt fabric. This is most likely the fabric that the bag you are using is made of.

I would be more likely to purchase one the fit snug in the cage.
Snug would be nice but that would take a custom order of 1000+ just for the pots. I have to make due with what is out there, but I am working on a solution that fits better.

I want honest opinions. I am going to be offering these Bio-Pots.
They are fabric pots that are lined with 20mil clear linoleum. They are 2ft diameter and fit in the standard 2x2 cages. The linoleum creates a barrier keeping your CuC where you want them. The linoleum connects with Velcro for easy filling and extends to the bottom.

I am thinking of adding a plastic liner and bulk head to make it have controlled drain if desired.

It doesn’t come with dirt.
I am asking $25. If any one is interested I can ship or just give free how to. There is nothing hard to get.
Very cool!
Are you filling the pots in the typical bioactive layering?
I've never seen the pots you're working with, but a drain would be nice, if the material can take it.
Alternatively, maybe you could just poke a few holes or cut a small slit after applying the waterproofing and people could set them on the substrate tray ZooMed makes for the enclosure.

Very cool!
Are you filling the pots in the typical bioactive layering?
I've never seen the pots you're working with, but a drain would be nice, if the material can take it.
Alternatively, maybe you could just poke a few holes or cut a small slit after applying the waterproofing and people could set them on the substrate tray ZooMed makes for the enclosure.

They will come empty, but are designed to be set up with typical bio-active layers. I have now waterproofed one and it works great, so there will be a drain tube.

Back
Top Bottom