Oops.. i think i over did it

VeiledOwner87

i cleaned out the cages today, and had a hibiscus that smelled like crap, so i tossed it. cage looked bare, and tom's cage has been a little lower in humidity than i'd like it to be, so i thought i'd stick a new plant in there. i went to home depot, and they had plants for not bad a price. i put in a hanging ivy plant in toms cage that is just masive with vines, and a croton in kiwi's cage. not knowing how big they'd actually be, my cages look over crowder, well.. tom's at least. lol is it ok if you cannot find your cham in it's cage? just lookin for critique or input if this is a good or bad thing.

Kiwi's Cage:
kiwicage1.jpg
kiwicage2.jpg

Thomas' Cage:
tomcage1.jpg
tomcage2.jpg

i also thought i'd spoil my brev, who after like 7 months is still nameless :( lol. but i re did her cage. after putting a misting nozzle in her tank, i soon relized that wasnt a good idea. the tank flooded, so i took the nozzle out and gave tom two. this was the least i could do for her. my brev eggs have been fluctuating in temp lately, not a bad thing cause they stay in incubation temp range, but i want something a little more consistant. so i decide to re bury them in the tank, i just did a thing layer of soil/substrate, layed the eggs in the same up position they were and put another 1/4'' layer of soil/substrate over them, is this ok?

New plants in brev's cage:
newbrevtank.jpg

heres a pic of where i layed the eggs, i hope it looks ok for them to hatch out of you guys. i didnt pack the mix down whatsoever. just lightly covered it
eggsite.jpg

It looks great to me! Honestly the only time I find my guys is when they come out of hiding to eat, otherwise I usually have to hunt to find them.

I think kiwis cage looks good, Toms might be a lil overcrowed though just from the looks. But the true question is dose the chameleon like it and is it good for em' or not, I duno :confused:

he's a shy chameleon, so the more places for him to blend in and feel comfortable makes him a happy cham. it isn't too too over crowder. the ivy is a hanging basket, 2 of his plants are elevated (one higher than the other and they are both ficus) the schefflera is on the ground.

Phil, I think all of your cages look great! Better more plants than not enough. I am sure they are very happy in their homes!

Back
Top Bottom