only two crickets?

Avallone

For the pastfew days I've had my 2.5 month chameleon who has been greatly eating 15-12 crickets a day. Yesterday was the the first time I treated him with 2silkworms ontop of the 12 crickets. Unfortunately today he has not really been interested in crickets or the worms. Only 2 crickets have been eaten. Is this ok? Appreciate all feedback.

For the pastfew days I've had my 2.5 month chameleon who has been greatly eating 15-12 crickets a day. Yesterday was the the first time I treated him with 2silkworms ontop of the 12 crickets. Unfortunately today he has not really been interested in crickets or the worms. Only 2 crickets have been eaten. Is this ok? Appreciate all feedback.

the first time i gave my lil buddy some horn worms, he lost some appetite for a day..most likley still full from the silkies...its like the difference from a 99 cent chicken sandwich (cricket) and a foot long subway sandwich (silk worm) lol

I used to get this with my Yemens. Whenever I fed them some waxworms as a treat (probably once a month), they would refuse locust or crickets for a few days, but still readily take the worms if offered.

After being suckered into this a few times, I grew up and realised that it was a bit like kids with sweets (candy)!

Shouldn't be full up from the silkies, so I would suspect its a similar thing with your cham.

I would still monitor food intake for the next couple of days though to be on the safe side.

You could have spoiled your Cham too I know I did that with mine..she had a butterworm now that's all she wants with calcium on it and she will eat greens too..but ever since I gave her that worm she doesn't want nothing but

The reason I say that is cause you mentioned he wasn't taking silks either. So I don't think it's about being spoiled.

Back
Top Bottom