Only Crickets

JustJay

So I've had my new veiled cham for about 2 weeks now and he only seems to like crickets! I've tried veggies fruit and even super worms but he doesn't touch them. Crickets on the other hand as soon as I put some in his lil bowl he starts snapping away. Is this normal? Does anyone else's only eat 1 thing?

mine definitely has his preference, sometimes they are iffy about trying new things it seems, but once they do they end up loving it lol. I'm sure once he has one superworm he'll realize they're delicious. try horn worms, silkworms, and butterworms, even BSFL... mine loves all of them and very nutritious!

Crickets are my main feeder,
He won't touch dubias at all for some reason. Horn worms I feed on occasion and that's his favorite it seems.
I've got a Chinese mantis ooth I'm working on hatching as well to switch things up a bit.

Crickets are my main feeder,
He won't touch dubias at all for some reason. Horn worms I feed on occasion and that's his favorite it seems.
I've got a Chinese mantis ooth I'm working on hatching as well to switch things up a bit.
Same with the dubia. Sometimes I can kind of trick him if I put them on the screen and they scurry past him, but it only works for a few, then he loses interest. But almost anything else he will eat.

Mine would not eat anything but crickets till he was almost an adult. Then i could sneak in some supers into the feeder cup. Once he became and adult he would eat anything but crickets. Poor guy hasnt eaten a cricket in 4 years.

Haha weird little creatures... Well hopefully he comes around but I guess we'll stick to crickets for now.

Crickets are just fine as a main feeder, so long as they're gut loaded. It could be worse; he could only be interested in eating mealworms which are bad. Periodically try different foods.

Back
Top Bottom