Online Purchasing

Birdy

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for buying chameleons online? I live in KY and the pet stores here really don't have any options. I am looking for a male veiled or a male Panther. Thanks for any and all help!

Where are you located in KY? This Sunday there is a reptile expo in Clarksville IN (across the bridge from Louisville) and there is a lady that breeds veiled chameleons and sells the babies there.

Great! I live in Louisville so I'll definitely look the expo up. Do you have a link or anything?
Thanks so much!

oh, and the vendor is
Strohl's Herptiles
It's an older lady with glasses. There are other vendors too, but I know hers are CBB

now, if you want a panther, I got mine off a girl in FL

Local pickup is always a great option. However most online breeders like ourselves have the ability to ship virtually all over the US. So if you can't find exactly what you are looking for in your home town I wouldn't hesitate to consider one of the site sponsors.

oh, and the vendor is
Strohl's Herptiles
It's an older lady with glasses

I've met that lady in person at a Reptile Show here in Indianapolis, IN last year. She is very knowledgeable and very informative for people looking to purchase veiled. She had some absolutely stunning specimens with her. I wasn't in the market for a Veiled but I had to talk to her anyways because one of the chameleons she had with her was just incredibly striking.

Last edited:
Local pickup is always a great option. However most online breeders like ourselves have the ability to ship virtually all over the US. So if you can't find exactly what you are looking for in your home town I wouldn't hesitate to consider one of the site sponsors.

I agree.

The shipping is really not a big deal. I box the babies I ship around dinner time and then drive them to the FedEx beside the airport. They are in the hands of the new owner early the next morning. (You can pick them up at a FedEx Ship Center so you can get them first thing in the morning and they aren't on a truck all day before they are delivered to your house. If they are boxed right, it is really a non-issue for them.

I would prefer to buy from a breeder I trust than a reptile show. I cringe when I see all the poor animals at a reptile show. Besides the stress, there is also the greater likelihood for disease transmission since many collectors might be touching the baby you end up buying.

There are many very reputable breeders here on this side, NHenn being one of them. Good luck.

The shipping is really not a big deal. I box the babies I ship around dinner time and then drive them to the FedEx beside the airport. They are in the hands of the new owner early the next morning. (You can pick them up at a FedEx Ship Center so you can get them first thing in the morning and they aren't on a truck all day before they are delivered to your house. If they are boxed right, it is really a non-issue for them.

I would prefer to buy from a breeder I trust than a reptile show. I cringe when I see all the poor animals at a reptile show. Besides the stress, there is also the greater likelihood for disease transmission since many collectors might be touching the baby you end up buying.

There are many very reputable breeders here on this side, NHenn being one of them. Good luck.

Do you guys have young veilds and panthers for sale?

Yea don't worry bout shipping overnight I order delicate corals all the time online and they are fine :)

Local pickup is nice when you live close to an awesome breeder like I do :p

Do you guys have young veilds and panthers for sale?

I don't, but NHenn might have something. I really recommend you support a good established breeder, not someone selling the only clutch they've ever bred from the first two chameleons they've ever owned. Good breeders work very hard to produce healthy babies and care where the babies go, giving support along the way. A retail on-line store won't do that for you. Also, please don't get a tiny baby. They are really delicate because they are so tiny--there is no margin of error with tiny babies.

Good luck!

We currently have some panthers babies from a few of our sires currently growing up. I would be more than happy to help with any of your questions if you want to shoot me an email at [email protected] or even PM here on the forums.
You won't be disappointed birdy,my exp with Nick at canvas chams has been absolutely wonderful and professional.

I like going to the shows and physically having the animal in front of me and talking face to face with the breeders. I like to pick their brains on how to raise chams they know a lot of tips and tricks.

I don't, but NHenn might have something. I really recommend you support a good established breeder, not someone selling the only clutch they've ever bred from the first two chameleons they've ever owned. Good breeders work very hard to produce healthy babies and care where the babies go, giving support along the way. A retail on-line store won't do that for you. Also, please don't get a tiny baby. They are really delicate because they are so tiny--there is no margin of error with tiny babies.

Good luck!

Don't lump all breeders who sell at shows in one pile. The one I referred him to is not a one time breeder.

Back
Top Bottom