Online Feeder Shopping - Where?!

andrearamirezo91

Avid Member
Hey guys!

Hope everyone is doing well :) I haven't been here in a while because college, work, guitar lessons, gardening and my pets have been taking up pretty much all of my time lol.

I wanted to buy some online feeders for Mango but I had a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with!

- I know some roaches are illegal in Florida. Which can I buy that are legal here and preferably don't bite, fly, or climb smooth surfaces?
- I am finally deciding to venture down the road of roaches but I'm terrified of them! Anything I should know before getting them? Where do I keep them? How often should I feed them to my cham? How long do they live and how can I keep them alive for longer? Do they come with food or do I have to feed them? :unsure:
- What's a good place for me to buy feeders from online? (I'm mainly looking for superworms and roaches, but any suggestions are welcome!)

Thank you! :)

Rainbow Mealworms will have my bysiness anytime I need to buy feeders. They are way cheaper than my lcoal stores, even with shipping, and excellent quality and customer service.

I also got silkies from @Spyro88 and he’ll be my go-to for those when I need them. Healthy worms, good price and very helpful.

Rainbowmealworms seems popular, I've used Josh's frogs as well. Nick barta from fullthrottlefeeders is always great to buy from for roaches.

As for what's legal, your best bet starting out is probably discoids.

Thanks guys! I'm checking them out as we speak. What roaches do you recommend? Out of the FL Legal roaches, at full throttle they have green banana and surinam roaches. Keep in mind this is my first experience with roaches and I'm terrified! Lol if they don't fly or bite it would help a great deal

Green banana roaches fly, but not usually during the day IME. They are small, great variety feeders, but hard to make a staple. Surinams are a little bigger, but still on the small side. Surinams are parthenogenetic so they are all females. Both gbr and surinam do well together with a few inches substrate in a high humidity bin. I have a foam gasket bin with one hole plugged with filter fiber, the soil is moist and there's condensation on the sides.

Discoids are larger roaches that you generally see as staple feeders for florida keepers. Can't climb or fly. Kept similar to dubia.

Nick Barta here, I also have Discoids, but not enough to post on my webpage. PM me and tell me the size of roaches you are looking for and quantity, and I will price an order for you.

CHEERS!

Nick

Hey Nick! I just reached out to you. Thank you so much everybody! Wish me luck with my first roach experience lol. Mom might kick me out of the house... I'll keep you updated :LOL:

Another thought: Look at the feeder cups, the cup is magnetic so you can hang it on the screen.

CHEERS!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom