Online class on Creating Your Chameleon's Sanctuary

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
I will be presenting a live online class on how to set up a chameleon cage this week and would like to invite anyone interested in making your cage a living environment. Here is the description:

In this online course I will introduce you to using the cage to create a sanctuary for your chameleon. We will do away with the idea that the cage is for containing a creature and replace it with the perspective that the cage is the borders of a floating garden that nourishes the chameleon inside. For this we need to understand a day in the life of a chameleon and what we need to provide for our chameleon’s physical and emotional well being.

Chameleon husbandry is a huge topic and so we must take it one step at a time. This course is a high level look at chameleon husbandry and the mindset we need to have. We will focus mainly on the “Forest Edge 4+4” checklist which we can use to gauge the effectiveness of the cage interior. We will run through what a forest edge is and review the 4 Gradients (heat, UVB, humidity, exposure) and the 4 branches (perching, drinking, eating, sleeping). Using this checklist you can start evaluating cage designs with respect to the needs of the chameleon.

Sections include:

• Understanding a day in the life of a chameleon
  • What is important about the cage itself
  • Introduction to the Forest Edge 4+4 components
  • How to plan and arrange the cage interior
  • Monitoring success
  • Using plants
  • Introduction to light and hydration
This class will benefit people wanting to come at their chameleon husbandry with the chameleon’s needs in mind.

This class is free and requires only a computer or mobile device with one of the major browsers. This is a live presentation and will support a moderated chat. The class lasts about 1.5 hours with an interactive Q&A section afterwards.
This class will be held Thursday May 7 at 6PM PDT and Saturday May 9 at 10AM PDT. These are both the same class given so you need to sign up for only one. Though you are welcome to go to both if you would like to relive the experience!

If you would like to join, simply register at the following link

https://event.webinarjam.com/channel/chameleonsanctuary

Chameleon Sanctuary cover.jpg
screen shot 1.jpg

I love that you are doing these Bill! I have been sending people to sign up. I wish I would have had a resource like this or chameleon academy when I got into this hobby in 2018. Looking forward to the Saturday class. :) Thank you for all that you do!

I love that you are doing these Bill! I have been sending people to sign up. I wish I would have had a resource like this or chameleon academy when I got into this hobby in 2018. Looking forward to the Saturday class. :) Thank you for all that you do!
Thank you very much for that support. I look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

As normal Bill, you offer great instruction, I hope many sign in on Saturday at 10:00am Pacific Daylight Time.

CHEERS!

Nick

Yes, this was wonderful. Having all aspects condensed into one class was fantastic. Let us know when you post the youtube of it so we can give the link out.
This was a whole lot of fun! We are definitely doing this again!

I am getting to work on that YouTube version and will let you know when it is up.

Thank you all for coming and hanging out!
Bill

Back
Top Bottom