one question about socializing....

sdheli420

Avid Member
so i have an abnormally social female panther chameleon..she will either tolerate or prave attention...not sure but with or without food, this is after she is fed and will not accept anymore..but she will walk towards me following me with body motion and her eyes..but if i hold her she will lay on me with submissive colors and refuse to get off me(literally refuse she will get mad if i take her off my hand and put her on her tree then run back to may arm before her back leg is off me)..i can actually rub her withmy hands as she is shedding and she will not change color or get agressive but will rub her body against my hands......this is a first for me but she is abnormally affectionate to me...i love her.."marcella"..has anyone had a chameleon act in a way a should i say iguana would...although iguana's are so boring..

just be grateful your cham likes yyou or considers you not a threat, either way, lucky you have a a cham with a nice personality:p

My Panther is the same way!. I swear he pouts and gets mad when I put him back in his cage. Whenever I walk by(which is frequent) he comes to me and wants to be with me. I love his personality.
Today he got his, "sauna", massage, and uh, oh yay pilates!!!

My Panther is the same way!. I swear he pouts and gets mad when I put him back in his cage. Whenever I walk by(which is frequent) he comes to me and wants to be with me. I love his personality.
Today he got his, "sauna", massage, and uh, oh yay pilates!!!

haha rite on..ya i love my sweety..her nick name is short cakes..she loves beeing around me it trips me out cause i am used chams beeing anti-social and angry anytime somthing enters their territory..(i can actually pet her or put my hand around her to see how cold she is and loves me for it..ive had her "taste" lick me to see if i have her scent even..she is so docile, its odd..like rite now she was chillen with me watching discovery channel for an hour, then hand fed, and was put in her free range..i love this lil chammy..such a good cham..

My female wishes I was dead and my new male has only been here for a day and a half so I've been trying to leave him alone but the first time I took him out of his little deli cup he freaked and hissed and tried to throw himself off my hand to his death and tried to bite me.

I like their little rude personalities. Sometimes in the morning Priscilla will hide after I get out of bed and all I will see is her little head sticking out from behind a leaf staring at me hatefully. It's hilarious.

But it would def. be nice if they were a little more friendly! I wouldn't mind walking around with one of them chilling on my arm all day. Enjoy it! :)

i don't think all cham's are completely anti social. in fact for my cham I feel like she see's me as a safe place. her protecter. mines very social too. althou she does have her moments where she just wants to be left alone. either way no matter what every morning she meets me at her cage door and reaches out for me. I pick her up and and pet her and give her breakfast. she loves hanging out and likes when i wonder around the house with her. I even wonder the yard with her. she loves it. my wife laughs because you can tell she gets sooo excited when I am doing things and she's with me. she hisses at my wife and son if they try to take her. she even sits on my pillow while i lay and watch tv. the other day she beaned me in the head with her tongue. whats even more funny is she will open her mouth when I do! like she's imitating me. I call her Boo Boo.

i don't think all cham's are completely anti social. in fact for my cham I feel like she see's me as a safe place. her protecter. mines very social too. althou she does have her moments where she just wants to be left alone. either way no matter what every morning she meets me at her cage door and reaches out for me. I pick her up and and pet her and give her breakfast. she loves hanging out and likes when i wonder around the house with her. I even wonder the yard with her. she loves it. my wife laughs because you can tell she gets sooo excited when I am doing things and she's with me. she hisses at my wife and son if they try to take her. she even sits on my pillow while i lay and watch tv. the other day she beaned me in the head with her tongue. whats even more funny is she will open her mouth when I do! like she's imitating me. I call her Boo Boo.

one thing i can say is a fur sure..chameleons get used to their owners..my chams usually dislike other people than me..and and like you say(consider me their protector)..i get the same feeling..like when im outside with my chams..they will hide behind me when they see a threat such as a cat, hawk, bird of any kind, lol..but either way just makes you think..

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but any suggestion about socializing your chameleon?

If I were able to catch my own chameleon, is there a way to determine which ones are more social? Are some just social off the bat, or over time some just progress to become more and more friendly over time? When you catch a wild one do like some hiss and some don't?

haha rite on..ya i love my sweety..her nick name is short cakes..she loves beeing around me it trips me out cause i am used chams beeing anti-social and angry anytime somthing enters their territory..(i can actually pet her or put my hand around her to see how cold she is and loves me for it..ive had her "taste" lick me to see if i have her scent even..she is so docile, its odd..like rite now she was chillen with me watching discovery channel for an hour, then hand fed, and was put in her free range..i love this lil chammy..such a good cham..

Its from all that cronic smoke floating around the room. You cham is super mellow and down to earth : )

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but any suggestion about socializing your chameleon?

If I were able to catch my own chameleon, is there a way to determine which ones are more social? Are some just social off the bat, or over time some just progress to become more and more friendly over time? When you catch a wild one do like some hiss and some don't?

I can't speak for wc chameleons but I use to catch anoles when I was younger and I know some would try to bite any time you picked them up while others would set on your hand calmly. They seemed to be this way from the start, I'm guessing wc chameleons would be the same.

Its from all that cronic smoke floating around the room. You cham is super mellow and down to earth : )

hahaha that would make sense if i was in the same room with them when i do indulge..i have noticed that my new baby male panther that has been free ranging for about a week now has been getting more and more relaxed and is faster at taking food by hand now..i think the free ranging has somthing to do with it..its practically like i live within the same "cage" as them so they no longer see me as a threat..just a thought..

Back
Top Bottom