One of My Sweet Baby Boys Has Passed Away

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
i am very sad to say that one of my last babies passed away today from heat stroke. I shipped 3 of my babies Wednesday via Ship Your Reptiles and they use FedEx. Only one of the 3 was delivered Thursday morning and two were delayed and not delivered until Friday. Hopefully, the little girl that when to Andee, here on the forums, is still doing well. The little boy that went to my friends sister in Connecticut made it but was not doing well and passed away this morning. I sent my vet the pictures that his new Mom took and he said it was most likely heat stroke. She is very sad and so am I. The new Mom buried him in her flower garden.

Good bye my sweet little boy. I enjoyed the 5 months that I had with you.

Sleep tight. ❤️❤️❤️

0DF5ACFF-8259-4606-83D4-72FBD2F9EE0C.jpeg
3FEE6CCC-2B22-4C26-B51D-C66662ED25E5.jpeg
E45323CE-AC89-4DB4-9F05-7F6DEFD61560.jpeg

That's sad... :(

I'm kinda happy shipping life animals isn't allowed yet in my country...
It would make getting your hands on reptiles so much easier but eventually they end up as a package with all downsides of being transported as such...

R.I.P little boy, you looked marvelous.

Thank you again everyone for your kind words and condolences.
So sorry, Jan. Just saw this. Things didn’t go awry at the Memphis hub by chance did it? That’s where I’ve had a couple delays in the past. If so, might be better for us to be extra vigilant and amend our high temp policies if they’re going through that route. Again, so sorry.

i am very sad to say that one of my last babies passed away today from heat stroke. I shipped 3 of my babies Wednesday via Ship Your Reptiles and they use FedEx. Only one of the 3 was delivered Thursday morning and two were delayed and not delivered until Friday. Hopefully, the little girl that when to Andee, here on the forums, is still doing well. The little boy that went to my friends sister in Connecticut made it but was not doing well and passed away this morning. I sent my vet the pictures that his new Mom took and he said it was most likely heat stroke. She is very sad and so am I. The new Mom buried him in her flower garden.

Good bye my sweet little boy. I enjoyed the 5 months that I had with you.

Sleep tight. ❤️❤️❤️

View attachment 207047 View attachment 207048 View attachment 207049
I am so sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful cham!

So sorry, Jan. Just saw this. Things didn’t go awry at the Memphis hub by chance did it? That’s where I’ve had a couple delays in the past. If so, might be better for us to be extra vigilant and amend our high temp policies if they’re going through that route. Again, so sorry.

Thank you so much Gene for your kind words. His first delay was in Ft. Lauderdale where he missed his flight to Memphis. He was put on a later plane to Memphis but missed the flight for that day to CT. He was in Memphis all day and it was in the 90’s. I was told he was on a plane all day. He did not make it to the hub in CT until the morning of the second day. I alway drop off right before closing at my closest hub in Miami. We don’t have a hub in the Keys. I always make the buyer pick up at their closest hub. I’m still very sad about his loss and wish I had just kept him. He was a really sweet boy. ❤️

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful cham!

Thank you for your kind words and the compliment. He was really handsome for only 5 months old and such a sweet boy. He would never run from you, puff up, hiss or gape.

Back
Top Bottom